Just saying hello - Vauxhall Zafira Owners Club Forum's
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just saying hello

Hi and thanks for letting me in, have been lurking for a couple weeks getting useful info for the piece of poo i just bought, looks nice drives nice,2007 Life 1.6 just lots of niggling problems but thanks to the invaluable information on here i at least have some idea. Sure you will hear from me again before long, cheers Trevor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:56 PM

They are SHIIIIIIIITTTTT cars mate you are not wrong. I too have a 2007 model on a 57 plate, it had a genuine 13,500 miles when I bought in June 2016, is now on 19,800.

Clutch judder ------ rectal orifices at VX know full well this is a latent defect, they even have a TIS bulletin about it but refused help because the car is 9 year old F***K them, judder at 13,500 what sort of SHIIIIITTT has judder at this mileage

EGR valve needed replacing WTF ??????? at 13,500 K

Had NO power when I got it and was missing ---- **** ignition coils needed replacing ????? At 13,500 K WTF

There is a knock coming from the right hand front wheel. I have changed every component that can possible move Drop links, CV joint, tie rod end, ball joint, ARB's, lower arm bushes and yet still THUD THUD THUD

The RH inner CV joint has circumferential play ???????? Never seen that in any car before.

Went outside one day, all hazards were blinking everything in the car dead wouldn't start...then came back all by itself WTF

I was once a mechanic (until I got wise and left that lousy oily smelly trade) BUT have always continued to work on my own cars. At almost 50 I have had well over 30 cars in my time but none as bad as this crap. I will NEVER EVER EVER buy ANYTHING with a VX badge EVER again. Before this had a FIAT Multipla and compared to this that was Uber reliable. In fact hand on heart in 8 years of ownership it NEVER let me down........unlike this THING.

Look I always knew they weren't top quality but seriously who would honestly expect a car with such low mileage to give so much crap ?????

Look at this poor bugger

Last edited by propnut; 01-11-2017 at 08:59 PM. Reason: add video link
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 07:34 AM
Ren

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I would part-ex it if I were you!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Votes of confidence lol

Well thanks for the welcome chaps, now filled with dread lol, i am putting it into my local garage who i trust implicitly for full service and cambelt change as at 74000 miles but coming up for 10 yr old. There are 3 faults showing 2 of them to do with the temparature sensors and the other one is the brake switch, i believe i can smell oil fumes in car as well so they have a bit to do on it. Too bloody old to be doing anything myself and far too technical these days, give me a 1600 mk2 Cortina any day lol.. swmbo is on my ass as ime sure you can imagine,,,Another pile of poo you bought!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 04:32 PM

Why don't you tell us what the codes are. To read the codes you must

1. With the ignition off press the brake and the accelerator (all the way to the floor) and hold them like this
2. Switch on the car so the lights come up but do NOT start it
3. Watch the odometer, after around 5-10secs it will read ECN and then a 6 digit code e.g. 017055
4. Only the first 4 numbers are important and should be prefixed with a P so the above would be P0170

There is little difference between your old MK2 Cortina and these. The engine is still suck squeeze bang blow it just now has electronic stuff doing what the distributor and carburettor used to do.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Hi Propnut, i did the code thing on Sunday and looked them up they are 0115, 1115, and 1571
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 02:54 PM

Well the first is your coolant temp sensor and the second the IAT. Both cheap and easy to replace. The third one however may be a red herring ??? If your brake lights are working then the switch is working.

Unfortunately sometimes when cars start throwing up errors like the last one that make no logical sense it could be a sign of either 1. A bad Earth 2. The ECU on its way out.

Let us know what they find
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Hi Propnut, i am off to garage tomorrow morning to get codes read properly then deleted where possible to see what happens before they have it in at end of month, when i got the car there was aa brake light out so maybe just maybe it may be that but i have read that the brake switch is a two way jobbie that also affects the fuel on engine overun, this i feel may be the problem i have. I came down a long hill into Wells near where i live and wasnt using accelerater at all and as i stopped at traffic lights at bottom of hill the engine died but restarted ok again.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 09:38 AM
Ren

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hope you get sorted easy enough. Not all of them are bad, thousands sold but it seems all the bad ones end up here!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page