Error codes - Vauxhall Zafira Owners Club Forum's
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Error codes

After top end rebuild inc s/h head and injectors checked, everything timed correctly the engine will not fire. Error codes:
P1811 (A) Torque Signal Malfunction (CAN) - Not present
P0110 (1) Intake air temp sensor circuit high input - present
p1650 (4) Service vehicle soon light open circuit

Assume will ignore 1650 but will either of the others actually stop the engine firing and start to run?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Have you primed the Diesel injector pump ?

You can use a one way valve bulb or I prefer to fill the fuel filter housing to the top and replace the cap then connect a drill mounted pump to the metal "IN" feed pipe for the fuel filter and draw fuel up to the filter housing from the main tank. Once you have fuel upto the end of the metal pipe remove the drill / pump. Then quickly reconnect it to the filter housing.

Now try to start it and if/when it catches keep the revs up at 3000 rpm till it idles smoothly. You can use cold start spray in the inlet manifold in short bursts whilst someone turns the key.

Which ever way you do it don't use the starter for more than 10 seconds at a time and let it rest for 15-30 seconds between goes as they can burnt out very easily !

2.0 DTi 2003 plate
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the reply, only just seen it. I have added another more detailed post since but no replies to that. I have fitted a new fuel filter but have not bled the system as on cranking with injector pipes disconnected, I did get fuel pulsing out of the pipes for all cylinders but not at very high pressure, I assume pressure builds with a closed circuit to open the injector nozzle.

The opcom shows only a minor fault with inlet airflow sensor but that should not stop the car from firing. I have used bradex with glowplugs disconnected but all I got from that was a flame backfire through the inlet pipe. Have turned the car over quite a few times using bradex but apart from me getting a bit high the car doesnt want to know!

Have taken off the cam cover and the pump access plate and checked TDC hoping I had got the v timing 180 out but no, all correct there so I am really head scratching now. I have fitted a new top chain but the bottom one has not been touched so I dont think there are any timing issues. I will look at the fuel supply again but as bradex wont fire the engine, I think I may be wasting my time.

Although I dont know if there is a oil volume/pressure sensor, have checked oil level which is ok and cant see that there is anything else on the engine which would prohibit starting.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Roger
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 01:27 PM
Ren

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hope you get Sorted Roger but I'm afraid this is beyond my knowledge.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page