Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

i am new to this site and we are looking for someadvice. we have a 2005 Zafira Life 1.6 and the spanner light is always on. we have had the car serviced and the spanner light was reset, but after 2 days it came back on. the car was checked and the error code we got was P1113 and was told that to fix this the car needs a new inlet manafold. the car is running fine does not seem to be affecting it much may be a little slow from standing start but otherwise is fine.

want we would like to know what is the long term damage that this could cause as the repair is approx £700 plus for a car that has only done 26,000 miles.

any advice would be great.

robbie

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi have checked the fault code and it reads as this p1113 = air intake temp switch. have a word with vauxhall. i cant see thjis costing that much and think its fitted near to the mass airflow sensor.
hope this helps

·
Registered
52 Posts
Maybe a long shot but have you tried clearing the ecu of stored fault codes by disconnecting the battery for 30 mins (only if you have the radio code) another trick which has worked for me in the past is to turn on the ignition for 5 seconds and off for 5 seconds repeat this 30 times it should reset the ecu and hopefully take off yor light this will at least give the ecu time to re-adjust itself over a few days of driving. if the fault returns then the ecu is receiving repeated symptoms of failure. try the pedal trick and see if the fault code is the same as before. In my experience it's when warning lights start flashing when panic sets in !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Try this to reset!
Here
are the instructions to reset the light.</font>
</font>
</font>
Vauxhall Zafira, Corsa,
Astra and Meriva service inspection light

1. Make sure your ignition is
off, and keys out of ignition.

2. Press the mile trip meter reset button
on the dash and keep it pressed in.

3. Put keys in ignition and switch
on still keeping button held down.

4. The digital display will start to
flash and then show as zero.

5. When it becomes zero take finger off and
the service instruction will be gone.</font>
</font>
</font>
If the above doesn't work
for your model then please try below:-</font>
</font>
</font></font>Make sure your ignition
is off.</font>
</font></font>Press the Brake
pedal.</font>
</font></font>Press and hold the Trip
button.</font>
</font></font>Put your Ignition
on.</font>
</font></font>The INSP will
Flash.</font>
</font></font>Release the Trip
Button.</font>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi everyone

Thank you for your replies and sorry none of them have worked. The P1113 error code we have been told is P1113 - Port Deactivation Position Sensor Circuit Low Voltage, not the air intake as been mentioned. The car has been serviced and the Service interval was reset. We got this a couple of days after it's service. It does not seem to be affecting the car in anyway it is just annoying being on all the time. any other ideas would be great and if you know a cheaper fix then would be interested.

thanks in advance

robbie

·
Registered
52 Posts
"Port"refers to the twinport valve on the inlet flap.

Its an electrical circuit that opens the 2nd set of valves on acceleration. It is built into the head rather than other cars which the actuator is built into/on the inlet manifold.

This is a 3 pin sensor mounted to the inlet manifold twinport rail so the ECU can determine the flaps position. it must be recording a low voltage there as opposed to high value
The sensor is tucked away under the manifold and is tricky to get to. This might be your best bet if you can get hold of a new sensor it's a lot cheaper than a new manifold !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does not sound easy to get to and i have had it a garage and they will only replace the manifold. what will be the long term damage if any of running the car like this?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm not sure of any long term damage but by the sounds of it you have been living with the dashboard lightproblem for a while without the engine blowing up (falashing dashboard lights worry me more)have you tried taking off the air inlet and spraying any carb/choke/egr valve cleaner in just in case the valve is gummed up and sticking and while your at it check the air filter as well as the engine is probablynot breathing properly.oh and another point I suspect you may not have to buy a full manifold only the part with the sensor on but you will have to check on that one via a dealergood luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, we have been living withit for a while now. no not tried to clean the air intake, could i use break cleaner on it instead? the garage i tock it to ran the dealer and they said new mainifold no other options given.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I wouldn't recommend brake fluid to anyone except for flushing out the brake system, you should be able to get egr valve cleaner or carb cleaner from most autopart shops for about 6- 10quidand you usually spray it into the intake when the car is running (the give instructions for use on the can) I hope it helps save you some money. from my experience give a suspect part a good clean before spending a fortune. cars clog up with crap so easily and quicklythese days it's unreal

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem for last two weeks. P1113 - Port Deactivation Position Sensor Circuit Low Voltage.Is it OK to drive my Vauxhal Zafira without fixing this fault.
Robbiew, What did you do. have you replaced the inlet manafold

·
Registered
7 Posts
Vauxhall zafira 1.6 2010 car
Service light issue

I have done by pressing brake and got ---- turned off keys and released the button. The light still there
I have used obd reader to read codes and no codes in obd.
Any help or suggestions
Thanks
Try this to reset!
Here
are the instructions to reset the light.

Vauxhall Zafira, Corsa,
Astra and Meriva service inspection light

1. Make sure your ignition is
off, and keys out of ignition.

2. Press the mile trip meter reset button
on the dash and keep it pressed in.

3. Put keys in ignition and switch
on still keeping button held down.

4. The digital display will start to
flash and then show as zero.

5. When it becomes zero take finger off and
the service instruction will be gone.