Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Owned her for nearly 6 years no issues apart from the fuel consumption. Only do about 4000 a year and comute to work 16miles a day.
58l tank and when full i only get 300 miles give or take when comuting to n from work. I did go to the lake district in her once and got around 400miles before needing to fill her up.
But what is setting my ocd off is that a whole quater tank is only getting me around 70ish miles. Is this normal?? Maths is not a strong thing for me so if anyone knows how to work out the mpg stuff i would be forever grateful..

·
Registered
13 Posts
What Boysean said. We always get around the mid thirties from a 2.2 2005 Zaf B and i consider that poor. Check the basics first.. tyre pressures, brake wear (is one or more dragging), exhaust condition etc. And of course the biggest variables, driving style and traffic conditions on your commute. The car is also at the age where some sensor may tripping things up enough to effect the running but not throw an error. We seemed to suffer poorer performance than expected for a few years before the check engine light appeared one day and the code for a faulty lambda senor was pulled. Replaced it and instantly got the car we had always hoped for.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Divide miles by ltrs x4.5 = mph 400÷58=6.89x4.5=31 which is not a lot.
Using this method i worked it out at around 23mpg for the work comute and your equation for motorways.

New car time i think. My only option is the 1.4 zaffy and from what i here the mpg on that is just as poor:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What Boysean said. We always get around the mid thirties from a 2.2 2005 Zaf B and i consider that poor. Check the basics first.. tyre pressures, brake wear (is one or more dragging), exhaust condition etc. And of course the biggest variables, driving style and traffic conditions on your commute. The car is also at the age where some sensor may tripping things up enough to effect the running but not throw an error. We seemed to suffer poorer performance than expected for a few years before the check engine light appeared one day and the code for a faulty lambda senor was pulled. Replaced it and instantly got the car we had always hoped for.
Thanks for your reply. I will plug an OBD2 in and see if anything comes up.

Many thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts