Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, having read reports, reviews and discussions, has anyone remapped their ECU to combine fuel efficiency and power. It seems a good idea, but yet to find anyone who has done it to their Zafira. I'm going to do it, as an engineer technician myself I can't see any real problems with this, except an increase in engine wear and could possibly decrease my engine life by 5% but I'm not planning to keep my car till she dies on me, probably change it in 3-5 years time anyway.I would be interested to know if anyone has done it and what they think.

Regards

Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi just read your post about a remap on a zafira 150 19cdti, I have just bought plug and play chip from DTUK .
zzz wot a difference goes like a rocket,not sure on the fuel side still having to much fun,well worth checking the website

Cheers stuntman17

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I getting my ecu remapped this Thursday, can't wait, people say it is one of the best things they have done, and by the sounds of it, you agree.Had a look at the site, i considered doing the way you have done it, but opted for remap instead. both do the same, just different versions. What bhp you getting now?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zzz, having my Zafira 1.9cdti remapped has improved big time, not only does she now have more power, and i mean she has a lot of power now, i have also gained on average an extra 80-100 miles per tank of fuel. Not bad considering.

The guys at angel tuning were brilliant. Anyone who has this done will not regret it. Next step for me now i think is to remove the dpf and get it reprogrammed so that it won't regenerate all the time and create more power, which angel tuning also can do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts