Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have bin given my granddads petrol zafira 1.6 16v 75000miles had bin sat fot 5 years until my grandma decided to part with it. she started fine with fuel and batt change chuffed a lot off steam there was a fair bit of water in silencer but pored it out new oil and filter and air filter new plugs old ones were well black and coked up took it for a mot she failed on hydrocarbons think it was 1400or 1600 double the norm any way i did not get the figures with the fail sheet, She was was blowing white smoke but not ran in a while had a new head gasket about a year before being sat she got fluid lock but the AA guy cleared the cylinders and drove her on the flat bed no trouble. Since mot i changed air sensor and i can only see one sensor exhaust wise on the manifold changing these and giving the throttle body a good clean she was still fouling plugs and failed second emissions test. iv go no warning lights garage said possibly CAT but would cat make her run rich which would cause high hydrocarbon if thers no sensor after the cat to mess with readings? ohh some times she cant hold a steady rev above idle but pulls fine and im waiting for a m8 to check injectors for pos drippage now i only have service cost and mot in her but dont want to buy part if not gona fix it. oh she has a new coil pack too just coz i had one to try. any help appreciated

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh she failed as well for abs not working or fitted but as far as i can see she never had ABS??? the brake compensation valve was stuck and had to make new rear pipes to drums that's all the brakes needed. is it the garage mot guy not knowing old ish cars?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.