Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me begin with the full story! I bought the car 2nd hand with 89,000 no more than 30 miles from his house the spanner light came on, cleaned the MAF Sensor and all was well, better than before infact!Used the car for 3000 miles without fault, although the spanner light came on at 1st start then went out as soon as throttle pressed.We went to an event in Blackpool on 25/01/2012 and stayed at 80mph all the way with no faults, on way home started fine but got to Manchester heading to Northampton the spanner light came on and no boost from Turbo, slowed down light went out but still no power.Got home eventually at 50mph all the way home, I have since changed MAF,EGR Valve, removed the inlet manifold including flaps and cleaned them all including the ports, today 30/01/2012 I also change the Crank Sensor.Had the codes read one came up P0725 - Critical System - No Signal, zzz that really narrows it down! Cleared the code but came up straight away on start, this was before changing the Crank Sensor.Turbo has no play in it and does spin with engine running, oil consumption is fine, no smoke at all, starts 1st timeevery time.The only thing I can say is that when the Turbo should come into use the egr valve makes its usual noise and a brief surge of power before it goes flat and takes an awful long time to make up speed, do you have any ideas at all? I have ran out so far, i'm going to do the boost sensor tomorrow but refuse to throw much more money at it!kind regards Darryl (Northampton)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE :
I need the arm that comes from the wastegate/ actuator to the turbo to enable it to open the flap in the manifold, any ideas where to get the part from? Vauxhall want £155 for the whole unit!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
i had the same problem going slow no spanner light get faster spanner light comes on no boost it was the little black pipe between the actuator on strut top to the waste gate new pipe never done it again that was 2 years ago good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts