Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 54 plate zafira 2.0 dti and there is a knocking noise coming from the engine on start up and changing gear just after it went to vauxhall for the clutch. had a look under the car and i'm able to move the engine back and forth with a noise coming from the rear engine mount. the mount itself looks fine but it doesn't seem attached to anything at the rubber mounting. is there meant to be a bolt that attaches the mount to the sub frame? there is a hole from the subframe up through the engine mount and when you move theengine you can see the mount moving through this hole. can't find an engine diagram or anything from underneath the car online to compare.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
56 Posts
that amount of movement theres something not right iwill check haynes for u and let u know,u could always go to vaux parts dept and ask to see exploded view pics,my dealer very helpful !! but i will check haynes,chris

·
Registered
56 Posts
only got haynes for zaffy b,rear mounting has centre nut and bolt and also 2 bolts to subframe which are different lengths ? but this is for 1.9 sohc? any help ? there should be a centre bolt of some sort tho eh?,any help ? chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks there was one at my local scrap yard which had what i was looking for.. It was a bolt that goes into the mount from the sub frame.. The clutch was done by vauxhall themselves and when i got it back they had left bolts out the gearbox and engine mounts so really not happy with them! Thanks for all the help though

Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
running bilsteinshocks on mine all round and very pleased with
them,im using apex springs with 30 mm drop,but not impressed with rear
springs as they dont sit tight enough on bottomspring locators and
could be subject to moving slightly,don't give me that feeling of
confidence,fronts ok tho,but they are 'dropped' and u are lookin for
standard,standard shocks dont give u the option to adjust camber so
bolts go back exactly as u removed them,i'm guessing that if u go
further up bilstein range u do get this option but do u need to