Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about buying a 2005 2.0DTI Vauxhall Zafira Breeze. I am aware that this is the last of the old shape and new design came in the summer 2005. You would think they had all the issues sorted by that stage.

I was wondering does anyone know if there is any problems with this people carrier? Also does someone know why they moved to a new model in 2005. Was it just a new design? Would appreciate your help.

Timmy Ervine

·
Registered
78 Posts
they are great vehicles to own,good fuel economy if used on long runs bit like any car there are issues.i dont want to frighten you because not everything you read or here happens on every one. my advise is to try it first.they changed the model for brand image so that all the models looked similar,and also simple to improve the car generally.an example of this is the crash test rating was improved from a 3 star rating to a 5 star rating.there were other changes but this was the most significant one.
i owna 2000 model but i have also owned a 2005 diesel model too.they are both great vehicles but i like these modelsthey drive like a car were the newer model i feel is heavier and gives the feeling more of a van than a car.i had the 2005 model from new but did not use it to its full protential so i decided to get rid of it bought a car and then went back to a zafira as i found it more useful.

i hopes this helps,craig.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Craig for the update. Iam looking at the Zafria because they seem to be considerably cheaper than the VW or Seat or even Ford. Vauxhall are within my price range. I am looking for one because my wife is going into Child minding so she can look after our own kids as well.

Do you know if the engine was changed? If it was a new engine you might be better of with the last of the 2005 model. I had a 1994 Vauxhall Astra & cavallier which had the desiel isuzu engine. They had all the problems sorted before they went to a new engine which had a lot of problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2004 2.0 DTI and have been really impressed with it but I wouldn't say the engine is as refined as the CDTI diesel that the Zafira B benefitted from (also found in the Saabs 93 possibly 95)and if I was to change again I would go for then 1.9 CDTI with 150bhp if you want that extra grunt fully loaded, but the 120bhp is quite capable as well (slightly cheaper to run also)

To me the Zafira B is a better looking car and Vauxhall sorted out twoof my gripes whichare where do you put the bleedin roller cover for the bootwhen all 7 seats are up and also included warning lights for doors being left open a real oversight on the Zafira A, but with the rattly diesel it doesn't take you long to realise if a door or the boot is not shut properly.

With the new Zafira just around the corner there may be some price reductions on the Zafira B to be found but I doubt there will be much of a change in the Zafira A prices andin either case you should be able to find a good example as there are plenty to choose from.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your viewsChasmanp. I eventually went for Late 2006 1.9CDTI SRI 150BHP. 51K miles</font>
</font>I am really chuffed with her. Its got a powerful lift. What makes it even better is I have a sport button on mine. This gives a sharper throttle and steering. I seen an Article in the Independent. The person writing on the Sport Button on the Zafira said that why did Vauxhall not just have that as standard? </font>
</font>I suppose fuel economy would have a lot to do with it. If it was there as standard you would become use to it and would take the excitement away.The Zafira B is a better sportier look. I believe also the boot is bigger. Really suits when you have big family and got prams to put in the boot. Would really recommend this car.</font>
</font>Only one problem with mine is that I believe my clutch is going. When I put my foot down on the clutch half way there is a vibration and rattle noise. But that can happen to any car.
</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts