Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

2007 Zafira 1.8 petrol Boot problem

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  KevszafiraSRI 
#1 ·
Sorry if this has been asked before. My boot has stopped opening on my zafira. I have bought a new silver strip that houses the “handle” and that is definitely ok as when i press the button im getting continuity on my multimeter. I have purchased a new actual locking mechanism too. The three wires going to the locking mechanism iam getting voltage to. (Brown - 0v, brown/brown white - 0v and blue - 12v). All the fuses are ok. Ive even changed the actual plug on the feed to the locking mechanism too. Im not a mechanic and havent got a clue about cars but iam an electrician. The central locking, both through the key and with the button on the dashboard works fine. Ive even cleaned the little red button on the boot too incase dirt was in it. All contacts seem to be making and breaking just fine. Im completely out of ideas.

i hope ive explained properly and havent sounded stupid!! Haha. Any help would be appreciated!! Thank you.

#2 ·
Fuse white 25amp in boot fuse box. Change it with battery negative off and also 2 fuses in engine fuse box above the bottom 4 relays together change them. Apply battery terminals on . Put the key in ignition hold the lock button whilst turning to on position then release button . I had same issue on my sri 150 zafira with boot and 1 back door and this fixed the whole central locking system . Hope this helps pal

#4 ·
TESET THE ECU THEN IF FUUSES ARE OK . U can do this by taking off the negative terminal and touching it to the positive terminal via a spanner or metal pole for 30secs . Do not touch the terminals together whilst doing this it will short the fuses and car . BE SAFE ONLY DO THIS OF U KNOW WHAT I MEAN. It's returned all my locking system on my zafira

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.