Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new here, my zafira seems to running with a lag in acceleration and struggles to hit 70mph, I'm not getting any warning lights on the dash come up. I have spoken to my local garage and also spoke with vx and both said it's likely to be the Mass air filter, so £150 later I have now fitted a new Mass air filter and there is no change. Money wasted! The guys at vx also said that because I use supermarket fuel that could also be the problem??
It seems to sound a bit throatier when accelerating but I'm not sure if that's just cos I'm trying harder to make the car go!
If anyone has had a similar problem or knows what it could be any response would be great thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a similar problem, I took it to a murketts garage and they seemed to know what was wrong with it straight away, it was all down to a sensor, they fixed it up and it was back to normal

·
Registered
11 Posts
I do have another thought on it, but it's quite costly. Your cat might be clogged up, the wadding does deteriate over time and might have collapsed which would result in it struggling to breathe and it would leave it sounding more throaty than normal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi thankgoodness i am not the only person to have paid a mechanic loads of money to sort this problem only to find that 30 odd miles down the road and the problem is still there. So far we have paid around £800 to have the initial diagnostic check which hilighted the accelerator sensor. This was changed .... fault still there, car back to mechanic. Another diagnostic check this time air mass thingy faulty, changed , fault still there, car back to mechanic, then told the engine mounts were all loose and corroded and causing the engine to violently vibrate and knock against the chassis, more work more money no change. Finally took car away feeling ok if the fault had gone. Two days later my wife trying to overtake discovers the safe mode fault is still *******there !!!!AAARRgghh. Have no money left to take back to mechanics and now i read from this blog site that there is a way i can alter the computer so that it does nt see the fault is this true and if so how much is it likely to cost.... thanks for any advice...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well today it just wouldn't start! Got it towed to a garages to be told the timing chain has jumped a couple of teeth! Not the best news I've ever had now just hoping that £330 replacement timing chain kit will do the trick and hope there's no valve damage!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts