Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<table ="tableBorder" align="center" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr ="msgOddTableRow"><tr ="msgOddTableRow" style="height:200px;min-height:200px;"><td ="msgLineDevider" valign="top">

<div ="msg">
(Zafira 1.6 Club 2006)My ABS light is on and the speedometer stop
working. I took it to vauxhall garage and they told me to replace ABS
control unit £570. Any help.
</td></tr></tr></t></table>

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think i have the same problem. That is why I joined this forum. MOT is due now, so unless I can think something quickly I would have to drive down to the Vauxhal garage too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all you unfortunate Zafira owners. Same story here I'm afraid. Wilsons of Grimsby wanted to stiff my dying father for £1800+ for a new ABS control unit after he took it in for diagnostics. As well as a cylinder head removal for a 'bit of a rattle'.
When I found out and told them I was ex motor trade and would be taking it away they admitted doing 3 in the last few weeks.
I think it's about time we shamed VX on this issue and pushed them to start rectifying their shoddily built cars. Who's with me?
We need to find some decent representative numbers to take to Watchdog?

'07 Zafira 1.8 with 36k on the clock

·
Registered
17 Posts
I like driving my Zafira ... but boy am I fed up with the faults and the main dealers ridiculour priced quotes to fix! If components truly did cost this much, then a new Zafira should by all accounts cost £60,000 plus !!
I have owned my 2007 Zafira 1.9 150bhp DTi Design for two & half years. In that time, I have had a DPF replaced, FOUR EGR valves, a Dual Mass Flywheel and the fault where the horn wouldnt work with the lights on.
Now I have the ESP light on the dashboard! I took it into main VX dealers to read the fault code.
They have quoted the dreaded C0131 pressure sensor fault on the ABS Control Unit.
They quoted £1350 for a new one .. PLUS they wanted me to shell out for another EGR valve.
Total costs quoted in excess of £1950 !!
I am fed up with Vauxhall and their flaky, expensive components!
After 3 EGRs I found my own source of new valves ... which are only £90 for brand spanking new ... and they are simple to fit. Generally, I can swap my old sooty EGR valve with one I have cleaned up earlier. If I thought my car needed a new (or cleaned up) EGR, then I can easily fit it myself (but at the moment I don't actually think it needs looking at ... I know the symptoms!!).
Also, I have heard about BBA Reman ... who can fix my ABS Control Unit for £165.
I am no mechanic, but I can manage to remove this part and send it to them for repair! Why pay Vauxhall an extra £1300 to get ESP working!
Also, the fixed part will be better than a new replacement ... as BBA repair with good components ... whereby an original replacement can suffer from the same faults all over again!
Its time VX realised that it cannot expect the general public to shell out fantastic sums of money to repair items which SHOULD NOT BE FAILING so early in the life of their cars. If they have a quality problem with the supplier of their parts, then they should admit it and not try to hammer joe public during these times of austerity.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like driving my Zafira ... but boy am I fed up with the faults and the main dealers ridiculour priced quotes to fix!

Ditto,

Mines a zaffy b, 2005 design 1.9cdt1 120 euro 4,
1st I had an alternator failure, £275 to fix
2nd the ESP light on, which is an MOT failure as of 2012. So need to get fixed!
3rd the ABS light on, replaced the drivers front hub, £360
4th an air con failure, the air con chap said "ah yes the zafira, the fan
bounces around at the front eventually piercing the condenser" all
diagnosed without even looking at the car. He was right!!£180
fortunately had friends family or ebay to keep prices low, god knows how much for the dealer to do it.

mick

·
Registered
45 Posts
the 2012 MOT changes are bad news for anyone with the ESP problem. But please do not pay vauxhall the huge amounts they are demending,though i apprecaite not everyone will read these forums.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts