Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
57 reg Zafira LIfe 1.6, good runner, suddenly develops loud grating AC compressor noise. Told by two different garages a new compressor is needed, to the tune of £500 or so, all in. I can't afford that. For someone on the state pension like me, that's like half the cost of a replacement jalopy. I don't need AC. Is there any way out of this problem? It's a crying shame - she runs beautifully. I live in a village where I need a car. The buses are useless. I have grandkids to cart around. I am going crazy over worry about this. I know bad AC can throw out its belt, and in consequence the alternator and the power steering. So should I be driving it at all?

·
Registered
75 Posts
YA57OEY
thank you :)
Rectangle Azure Blue Font Screenshot

Yours is as above so part number 13124750 .

This looks to be in good condition and should do you.

or this one

Once fitted your system will need a regas if you want the AC to be operational providing there is no leaks from elsewhere , eg your condensor

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
View attachment 1840

or this one

View attachment 1840

or this one

Once fitted your system will need a regas if you want the AC to be operational providing there is no leaks from elsewhere , eg your condensor

Wow! Thanks for all that! All noted and tagged on eBay. xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts