Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have a GSI 2001 Model with a very annoying alarm problem. It seems to go off for no reason when locked. People keep mentioning a Power Sounder located under the drivers wing and how to remove the batteries etc... Well after taking apart the drivers and passengers front inner wing lineings it wasnt there...
I then came across, what i hope is the power sounder behind the wind screen washer assembly.
I havent removed it yet but it doesnt look like a sealed unit with batteries.Just a standard horn.

Anyhelp with fixing this alarm fault would be very helpful...

Thank you...

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi
i have 2006 model and am having same problem, garages advice to me was to flog car on as new owners wouldnt find out till to late!!! it goes off 6-7 times a day and night sometimes then will not go off for a week or two!!! i leave the car unlocked, it locks itself then alarm goes back off. im fed up with it but have been told it cant be disabled??????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At the moment if you use the key to Lock the car or if you lean across from the back seats and lock the front doors and lock the back doos as you get out this should lock the car but the alarm wont be activated.
I will keep you up to date with the Alarm issue. I hope to have another look this weekend...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, managed to locate the Power sounder unit and remove it. Took about 20 minutes. I've attaached the link on how to do it. You need to jack up drivers side and remove the front wheel. if you look up to the left you have two lugs which you need to push the centres in and remove. Once you peel back the inner lining you will see a metal plate held in by two star screws. If you undo these you can pull the plate out and see the Power sounder. DONT UNPLUG THIS WITHOUT MAKING SURE THE IGNITION IS ON. Once unplugged you can but a plastic bag over the connecter, tape it up so its water tight. Then refit the lining and Wheel. Its up to you now to have ago at fitting new batteries by cracking it open and soldering in new batteries and then reseal the unit Or by a new unit. Seen some on Ebay for around £25. Then you just have to refit it...Make sure Ignition is ON again..

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?211454-How-2-Replace-Zafira-A-Power-Sounder&highlight=GSI+POWER+SOUNDER

Let me know how you get on...

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi
had fault with alarm sorted today!! cost me £126 just hope its worked.
they bypassed the sensors that were faulty. a new module thing would have cost hundreds. hope u got your prob sorted too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, Good news about the Alarm. Since i removed the Power Sounder Unit everything seems to be fine with the Alarm.
Now i've got the emission light to sort out. Changed the front Lambda sensor, still on. So the post Cat will now have to be replaced.
Getting tothe know the car really well.
Keep in touch...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts