Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i own a 02 plate Zafira Elegance and for some reason the alarm has started going off. It seems to sound about 10 - 20 mins after being locked when it has been on a decent journey. It seems very strange and last night i had to leave it unlocked :( because we got back off holiday late and it just kept going off. I checked all doors and windows were ok and shut. Today it has been left locked and nothing. I dunno what to do and its very frustrating plus how long will it be before the neighbours start moaning. I hope someone might be able to offer some advice.

·
Registered
56 Posts
common fault on vauxhalls is the alarm module,apparently battery backup inside module leaks and damages circuit board,which then causes randomn probs,not had this prob on my zaffy but prob is quite common on vauxs,try doing more homework on astra forum maybe ? hope this helps ?,chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
You will find it to be the battery back up siren it recharges whilst the engine is running but discharges quick causing the siren to go off
Hope this helps you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi.
I had this problem with my 04 Frontera. The alarm would go off randomly. I also left the vehicle unlocked to keep my neighbours sweet but it would still go off.

On my vehicle I had two alarms sirens. One is the horn and the other is the high pitched siren. This siren is a back up which is designed to detect a thief thinking the alarm can be silenced by disconnecting the battery. The siren detects the drop in voltage and sets off. When the rechargable batteries in the siren start to faulter, they lose their charge and set off the siren. Chances are the batteries are within a sealed unit and it will cost you a fair few quid to have replaced.
I simply located mine which was under one of the front wings, disconnected it and threw it away!!!
Problem sorted.
If you do the same, be aware it will go off when you remove it so you may wish to protect your ears.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
just lock it from inside via the rear and then it doesn,t activate alarm.Doesn't fix the cause of the problem but at least it keeps neighbours of your back.<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a 2000 Zafira with the same problems. It is easy to bypass the alarm setting: With the drivers window open and ignition on, close drivers door and lock by insering key into door lock and turn anti-clockwise. The window will close automatically.
Less secure is simply to lock the car via the door lock; no alarm or engine imobiliser but at least it is locked!Anyone know where the power sounder is located?P.S.To prevent the sounder going off when you remove it simply leave the ignition on whilst you're taking it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having alarm probs- the alarm only goes off when i start the car and lasts for about 30 seconds engine does not cut out so i can drive off!!! problem only accursrandomly (hot or cold) i've tried resetting by disconnecting battery which worked initially!
Edited by: cardavec

1 - 8 of 8 Posts