Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone/anyone I'm new to owning a zafira and have 2 weeks ago got a 58 plate 1.9cdti 29000 miles--auto..great car all round despite all the rubbish remarks on some write ups. my problem seems to be with the engine revving at 2000rpm with no intention of changing to 5th or 6th unless you increase the speed. 5th comes in at about 40mph and 6th will only come in at 60mph unless you switch the box to manual (standard auto box) and make it change,I was under the impression that when you eased up your foot that the box would select the highest possible gear for economys sake but it sems to keep revving at 2000 until you increase the speed.. I have driven 300 miles in it both around town and longer trips and have just worked out that I am only? getting 30mpg which seems pretty low although I have never owned an auto car before so I don't want to make a fuss at the dealers without checking first..there are no warning lights on the dash apart from the spanner symbol going out on start up and then on again for a second again. As I have a 3000 mile warranty at evans halshaw I'm sure they will take it in for a look but I don't want to waste their time..any help anyone can be would be great...thanks in advance..steve.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts