Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wehave just bought an immaculate 2005 Zafira LiFEfrom my uncle who has had it from new:)

Slight drawback is his easy-listening CD is stuck in the player and he'd like it back.

I also want to add bluetooth to the car, (in my previous car I used a Parrot CK3100 which I was happy with).

I was wondering if I should try and kill two birds with one stone and get a bluetooth stereo fitted. (I can then try and release the CD from the removed stereo)

So what I am looking for :-

* Bluetooth that can remember connections for two different phones
* An external mic for Bluetooth (apparently without one the quality can be poor)
* CD player

A nice to have's

* Steering wheel interface

What have Stereo's have people found to work well in this senario?

Does anyone have any tips for releasing the CD? (The player doesn't recognise it's in there)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one I plumped for in the end was the Kenwood KDC-BT51U, it interfaces nicely with the steering controls (using an optional lead) and the microphone lead is long enough for you too be able to fit the mic in the centre above the rear view mirror so your passengers can join in the conversation.
The screen has three lines to make browsing the phonebook nicer, it has usb and you can alter the backlights colour to match the rest of the car
http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/products/car/cd_receivers/bluetooth/KDC-BT51U/details/

As for ejecting the cd from the old radio, just pop its lid and there are two levers to pull forward.
And do you know what I found?......he'd stuck two cd's in it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts