Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just bought 2002 1.6 zafira, 44000 on the clock, when cambelt change needed . cheers. any ideas on cost.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi vauxhall say 60,000 and hayns say 40,000 or every 6 years garage price aprox 120 140 but i advise to get a full kit and water pump aswell as these are prone for going and the cam belt runs the pump so kill two birds with one stone hope this helps

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pops

I believe it is 50,000 miles or 8 years but for the sake of £75 for a full kit including the followers and tensioner it is worth doing. It took me about 3 hours, as a novice, to do everything and now my mind is at rest for the next 50,000 or so. The Haynes manual is really easy to follow.

Good luck

Popeyeman

·
Registered
98 Posts
@ Popeyeman

Where or who would you recommend getting a cambelt kit from. Would be looking to get the water pump as well. Vauxparts maybe?

Cheers
Fastjetfixer

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was told 90,000 but I did mine at 80,000 for peace of mind. Purrs like a kitten.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Have a look at www.mycambelt.com use the search option to get to the Zafi range and you will see the official advice. Dont forget to find out about intervals on water pump replacement as that is linked to to the cam pully and if that pump fails it will kill the engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts