Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all fellow 1.9 CDTI 150 owners,
I've just replaced my front Continental Contact 3s after 16000 miles with inside edges worn to near bald, with Bridgestones. National Tyres checked alignment and confirmed that although both front hubs' camber angles are -1 to - 1.5 deg, they arein tolerance. They adjusted toe-in/out of +0.4 to zero. I hope that this and tyre type change will improve the wear trend, but remain concerned that wear in the suspension may be indicated by the camber angles. Have any of you guys experienced similar problems? Regards, Jim, Oxford.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Jim,

Sounds to me like it was a tracking issue, with the most worn edges being the inside ones, i would say if anything you were a tad "Toe out" on both fronts? When the wheel is toe out, the inner edge becomes the leading edge, and is subject to the most wear which is caused by road friction.

Being as you have had the tracking allignment sorted out and zero'ed, i would guess you may see a vast improvement in wear from now on - or at least until the next time the tracking goes **** up at least? lol

All the best,

Grim.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Grim,Thank you for your comments. Nat Tyres data gave the toe-in/-out a positive value, I'll check if this is toe out as you suspect. My car's in for MOT and intermediate cheapo oil change type serviceat local Vauxhall dealer in Nov, so I'll see if they observe anything.... don't hold your breath!Thanks again,Jim.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts