Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car alarm has started going off itself, disconnected battery and alarm still went off!!!, can anyone please explain why this is?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Brian

My wife had the same problem with her Astra Coupe.

Has this been happening in the middle of the night or on hot days?

The problem as I understand it is that there is a battery in the alarm unit itself and it is charged by the cars main battery.

The alarm system itself senses voltage change as an intrusion and triggers the alarm. With time the battery deteriates in the alarm unit and struggles to hold its charge. The instability of the charge in the battery is exaggerated when it is cold at night or hot outside causing the alarm to trigger.

whole new alarm sounder unit needs replacing I think. As I recall it cost about £150 for the astra from a dealership.

S

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am in need off a new altenator as battery keeps going flat so this may be the problem thanks for the reply

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. My Zafira car alarm is also just starting to go off on it's own especially on hot days. Is there away i can disable the alarm to prevent it going off with out affecting the central locking?

·
Registered
47 Posts
i had the same problem its the battery back up in the alarm need to get a new one from vauxhalls fit it the get them to program it unit it MUST be programed by them

·
Registered
4 Posts
just had my alarm fault sorted today!!! hope it has worked.

fault was with 2 rear side windows in boot, vauxhall have bypassed the sensors so alarm wont keep going off!! £126. a new module would have cost hundreds!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
nick said:
just had my alarm fault sorted today!!! hope it has worked.

fault was with 2 rear side windows in boot, vauxhall have bypassed the sensors so alarm wont keep going off!! £126. a new module would have cost hundreds!!!!

I have also had this pain in the backside... Bypassed cost me £190
by the stealer.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts