Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2008 1.9 SRI CDTi 120. Recently the central locking on the rear passenger door stopped working. After a great deal of time I managed to get the door open by removing the cover from the locking mechanism inside the door. Having replaced the mechanism, assuming that it was faulty, the central locking worked but it could not be deactivated. This leads me to believe that the activation signal is getting to the locking mechanism but the deactivation is not. I would like to be able to check the signals on the wiring at the plug when the wiring loom enters the door. However, I do not know which colours are the activation and which are the deactivation.

Do any of you have access to the wiring diagrams so that you can advise me which colours to check. Also does anyone have a better idea of what the problem might be.

I look forward to your thoughts to my first listing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello mate if you look at the bottom of the faulty door you will see the black rubber shroud that protects the wires peel this back and you will find a broken wire or two

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very many thanks for your advice. I will post my findings once I've had a chance to investigate. You're a star!

Wayne

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello i have just read this and have the exact problem on my 04 gsi ,i was told it could be the connection block could have corrosion in it .....does that sound right?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jonty,

Checked out the wiring loom last Saturday and you were right! The wires hadn't severed but the insulation had exposed the wires which in turn were shorting across each other. All sorted in half an hour. You are a star.

Out of interest I don't suppose you can shed some light on the following - the engine warning light has come on. The book says something to do with exhaust emmissions. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Wayne

·
Registered
61 Posts
Drive it for a while, it's part of the cleaning cycle of the diesel particulate filter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you sure. The loss of power has got progressively worse over a period of a week. I am now doubtful whether the car will pull away on a hill.

I look forward to your reply.

Wayne

·
Registered
61 Posts
Particulate filter could be blocked. Find a friendly garage and ask them to scan it. The code should be stored in the memory. Cheaper to do it this way that main stealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all your advice. Went to a mate's garage and he put it on the tester. Came up with three codes. He reset it and off I went. Lamp stayed off until I started the vehicle again two hours later. Back to the garage - now a single code something to do with lack of pressure in turbo gases. The mechanic is fairly sure that it is the EGR valve. Is it possible to remove the valve and clean it? Is it likely to keep failing and therefore worth the expense of replacing?

Where exactly is it located on a 1.9 2008 Zafira engine? I have looked on the web and it seems to be the component with the finned black plastic housing to the rear of the engine immediately behing the oxygen sensor - is this correct?

I look forward to your superior knowledge.

Many thanks

Wayne

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm on my secong EGR valve...The valves get coked up..The AA tried a cleaner.However the warning light came on after a couple of miles..The valves are easy to change.They do cost around £130.00 though...Then youve got to get the warninglight switched off...Happy days..

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi just wondering if anybody knows where i can pick up the central locking wires for a new alarm and what colour they are please its a 51 plate 1.6 club

1 - 12 of 12 Posts