Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guy's, This is my first post as only just joined! I have recently had a carbattery problem, so have replaced my battery, before I replaced it, my central locking was not working but the dash lock button was still illuminated in red! but since i've replaced car battery my central locking does'nt work with key fob/ door lock or dash button, i have checked fuses, and these are all fine! what else could this be? refuse to pay vauxhall prices!!!!!!!

Any help will be appreciated

Dalmoore

·
Registered
98 Posts
Try resynching the key fob, insert key into
ignition, turn to position 2 (ignition lights on) press unlock/lock
button within 30 seconds. Turn ignition off remove the key, should be all
done.

Let us know how you get on and we'll go from there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
No worries dalmoore. Maybe gonna be a new central locking module. Try a diagnostic, do the following:

Arm yourself with some paper, a pen and your car keys. Get in your motor
and hold down the brake and accelerator pedals as far as they can go
then insert your key and turn the key in the ignition to the 2nd click
(last turn before turning on the the engine). Watch the engine
management light (EMF). the first four flashes indicate that its
communicating with the ecu, the following flashes mean a fault code. 10
flashes indicate a '0'. the other flashes are genuine and are only
separated by a 1 or 2 second gap.

If this fails to work then
hold down your settings button when your engine is off. 7 seconds in you
should hear a beep. you can then scroll through the diagnostic screen
and at the end should be the fault codes if you have any....

I did speak to someone earlier and they managed to download an app for their phone to carry out diagnostics on ther Zaff. I have asked him for the name.

Let me know how you get on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi fastjetfixer, Ive done what u said and the code 0130 flashed up, have checked on another site for fault code's and got as follows:-
P0130 O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1) B-030
P0130 O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1) B-030
P0130 O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1) C-028
P0130 O2 Sensor - System Too Rich (Bank 1) B-030
P0130 O2 Sensor - System Too Lean (Bank 1) B-030
P0130 O2 Sensor Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 1) C-001
P0130 O2 Sensor Circuit Range/Performance (Bank 1 Sensor 1) B-030

Is this something that can be fixed by myself or will it need to go into a garage?
thanks,
dalmoore

·
Registered
98 Posts
Running a diesel by any chance? Sorry, but this has nothing to do with your central locking issue. I'll do some digging and see what I can find out.

Will be back on tomorrow night, hopefully with some answers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
p.s sounds like the O2 (lambda sensor) is duff but if your motor is running fine then could just be fuel/air mixture issue probably caused by DPF clogging and/or EGR valve (diesel issues). If your motor has been in the garage recently then make sure they cleared the code log after they did any rectifications to the sensors, exhaust system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Just done some googling and came across this forum.

we also have a issue with central locking, this has just suddenly started was working fine up until sunday, we have tried changing the battery twice and have checked the fuses i have asked my husband to try the fault finding excercise and will see what that will bring up. very annoying as when you use the key it only locks the driver side i have to walk round open the passenger door press the lock on dashboard and then close the passenger door, if anyone has got any ideas please let me know as hubbies having a right winge at me saying ive broken it.

beena x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts