Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Can anyone help? I have a Zafira A 2.2 auto 84K on clock which has a loud clonking noise from o/s/f - can be felt through the pedal box..
Have replaced: both shocks - lost resistance, o/s anti roll bar link -both ball joints u/s, o/s wishbone - bushes soft and spongy, and front engine stabiliser - not connected to engine! Now clonks louder than ever. Have looked at anti roll bar bushes, subframe mounts do look old, esp the one behind the shock. Makes noise intermittantly sometimes over bumps sometimes on a smooth road! sometimes not, you can induce it by turning the steering wheel 10.00 - 2.00 while moving slowly. Oh, steering rack appears tight! Comments much appreciated. Has been a fantastic car over last 6 years.. no problems at all!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all
UPDATE
Took car to garage to check it over as i'd given up. Guess what? It was the osf anti roll bar drop link being loose. It turned out, i'd used a 19mm spanner to hold the ball joint when tightening up the locknut. However, this spanner ( from a BMW toolkit) was a touch thick on the jaws, meaning as the gap is tight behind the ball joint, i'd tightened the nut against the spanner, hence when the spanner was removed,,,, the joint was still loose hence the clonking!!!
All sorted now, quiet as a mouse in hibernation...!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts