Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon folks

hoping someone can help with this....

So had the car since 2019, its been a good car, until recently no complaints.
Its a Zafira Tourer 1.4 64 plate

Think within the last three months possibly we started noticing the car not quite accelerate properly, but it was infrequent.

Anyway last few weeks in particular, press accelerator and the car will accelerate but much slower than it really should. Took it to Garage and they say clutch is going ....

Just prior (2 days) to going to the garage we got the car serviced, that garage reported they couldn't reset the Service Flag due to an electrical fault which they told me was the Thermostat low voltage sensor (didn't tell me an error code and internet doesn't return anything on the search), they did tell me that might be one of the reasons for acceleration being off, clutch garage dissmissed the connection as the clutch was a mechanical fault

I don't really have an option as I need the car running, but its also started doing something else which I'm wondering if its the same cause and will be solved by replacing the clutch. The computer is telling me to change gears ... often to the one I'm already in and a few times to the one above or below. And its also telling me to change to 7th gear ... which doesn't exist.

So I suppose what I'm asking is will the clutch going make the onboard computer behave like this or am dealing with two problems ?

Any help on this is appreciated.

D

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'd suggest changing the coolant temp sensor and also check the connector if it has any corrosion, sluggish acceleration could be wrong coolant temp signal being sent to ECU, causing it to run in a semi safe mode, thinking engine is still cold. I don't think it is clutch unless it is slipping, could be a gearbox issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd suggest changing the coolant temp sensor and also check the connector if it has any corrosion, sluggish acceleration could be wrong coolant temp signal being sent to ECU, causing it to run in a semi safe mode, thinking engine is still cold. I don't think it is clutch unless it is slipping, could be a gearbox issue.
Thanks Covert, I'll get one of the garages to look at that sensor.

didn't realise how poorly I worded some of the original post. Where I say "press accelerator and the car will accelerate but much slower than it really should", I should have put "sometimes when you press accelerator and the engine revs up but car will accelerate but much slower than it really should"

also "The computer is telling me to change gears" I should have added I hadn't changed acceleration on the car and wasn't suddenly on an incline.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts