Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Has anyone experienced clutch judder issues on the Zafira 1.8?
We've just had our 2007 Zafira repaired for £1100 at a Vauxhall dealer!
Regards,Robert

·
Registered
56 Posts
hi,
i'm not sure about 1.8 but the 1.6 were very problomatic withdual mass ,had our zaffy done once and our astra done twice,all under warranty(phew) !!!! was common fault and now fitted with modified clutch ala dealer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Could you describe the symptons? Is it simply a judder during driving? Im experiencing a whining noise during driving which I think is either geabox or clutch related...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I get that problem only on pulling away , but this intermittent, could happen for a few weeks then not have clutch judder for months , cant be the way i drive the cars and my missus get the same problem

·
Registered
27 Posts
I get the same problem when pulling away more when i have just started it, when the engine warms up no problems, i just give it a few more revs when cold this seems to help. Mine is a 1.6 on a 56 plate

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
The clutch friction plate/presssure plate and flywheel all need changing for the modified one from VX. Dont expect this work to be completed for less than 1k+. Its a known issue. Personally id just live with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had my 2006 1.6 Zafira for a couple of months and alway had problems when the clutch was cold, BUTI have managed to stop the clutch judder by accident.

My Father-in-law got bogged down in a muddy field at the weekend and asked me to tow him out. Using a long tow-rope I kept my Zaf on a hard surface. Not wanting to snatch at the rope I kept the engine revs up and slipped the clutch with no wheel spin. When I finally got him out I could smell the clutch which had obviously overheated. Since then I've had no judder at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts