Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,i have a 2006 1.6 life and love every thing about the car but for one thing ,when i pull away in first the car shudders??? ihave had the clutch changed but it still does the same?? any answers as it has baffled me??many thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
sounds like mine. have to give it a few revs then its fine. i thought it was the clutch but from what you say it sounds normal

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am going to book into the garage to have the engine mounts checked next ,will let every one know what the outcome is??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I also have the shudder on the 1.6 life, the wife can drive it without it shuddering...MEH lol but I stuggle, find its managable when it warms up but shudders when cold....from what I can make out its a thing on the 1.6.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I am a new Zafira owner, well its not brand new, 3 years old!! previously enjoyed
. I drove away from the garage and soon noticed a shudderwith the clutch in first andreverse gear, thinking it was my bad driving!!! I seeked confirmation from my wife, she experienced the shudder as well to the happiness of my pride!! I bought the 1.6 club because of the highrecommendation of a popular Car Magazine,hopefully this problem will be solved by the new clutch that is being fitted by the dealer. No problems with the dealer they are being very helpful, as I had hoped from a Vauxhall Network Q dealer. Only 2 weeks old to me and I hope that this is the end of the problem but maybe not reading the messages on this forum. Will report back after it has been fitted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Reply back, hello
, I have handed the keys back to my Zafira! after various issues with clutch and electric windows and body work problems! decided that the 1.6 was not for me. I am now the owner of a 1.8 design, love it! so far, only one issue with the cd30 stereo it drops the bass occasionally and sounds very tinny!! any ideas?? other than that a fab car, I hope for many years of trouble free motoring.......

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have also had problems with clutch judder on a Zafira 1.6Club 55 Plate, I have had a new clutch & flywheel fitted but the judder is still there even though it is intermittent.I have read other peoples response to this and one suggests that they have put a 2.0L clutch in!!I am going to take it back to the dealer & will let you know what they say.CheersG

·
Registered
3 Posts
Digger said:
Hello, I am a new Zafira owner, well its not brand new, 3 years old!! previously enjoyed
. I drove away from the garage and soon noticed a shudderwith the clutch in first andreverse gear, thinking it was my bad driving!!! I seeked confirmation from my wife, she experienced the shudder as well to the happiness of my pride!! I bought the 1.6 club because of the highrecommendation of a popular Car Magazine,hopefully this problem will be solved by the new clutch that is being fitted by the dealer. No problems with the dealer they are being very helpful, as I had hoped from a Vauxhall Network Q dealer. Only 2 weeks old to me and I hope that this is the end of the problem but maybe not reading the messages on this forum. Will report back after it has been fitted.
Hi DiggerJust wondered if that new clutch had same effect as mine has
Got new clutch fitted last September but still the same, worse when engine is cold!!Cheers G

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also along side of the clutch shudder has anyone experienced where if you are on a hill and you leave it in gear, or reverse and take the handbrake off, you start to roll forward??Is this normal?All the previous cars I have had the clutch normally holds while parked up on a hill or slight decline!!!Cheers G

·
Registered
300 Posts
hi all,
clutch judder could be caused by worn input shaft bearing,
as for running away downhill is it turning your engine over, if it is it sounds like poor compression,
but depends how steep hill is i suppose.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,
I have a 2006 CDTI SRI 150BHP Zafira. When I put my foot down on the clutch half way their is rattle noise and when go to the floor it stops. No rattle their when clutch out.
Also noticed that when driving off I would hear like a cable loose and moving about. But dont hear it any other time.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Usual suspects are the release bearings making the noise and the Dual Mass Flywheel.

Vauxhall know about this fault and we took our 57 plate Corsa 1.2 back to them. They said they know about it and the fix was to put an upgraded clutch plate in from a 1.4. However it lasted 4 months then the issue came back.

This issue is across quite a few if not all the Vauxhall models in the 2000 - 2010 era, and Vauxhall apparently withdrew the fix as they only lasted a few months. So now we all have to live with it.

Nice. Thank you Vauxhall.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts