Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
Im new to this I had a head gasket replaced on my 1.6l Vauxhall Zafira petrol, After a service diagnosis. With oil in the header tank, I had it changed at the local garage. I also changed the thermostat and housing, camshaft sensor and the O2 sensors, myself before I drove it again. I used the car and the temperature was indicating it was overheating. Have left the car over night it is losing coolant from what I think is the exhaust manifold. Any idea what or where it could be leaking from? Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
What year and engine is your car? if its a Z16XER / Z18XER it is likely the most likely the oil cooler as it uses coolant to cool the oil , and the seals perish over time causing a leak .

If it is i will link you what you need

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year and engine is your car? if its a Z16XER / Z18XER it is likely the most likely the oil cooler as it uses coolant to cool the oil , and the seals perish over time causing a leak .

If it is i will link you what you need
Thank you mocool, someone else suggested that so I ordered one and will be fitting it. Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
You can change the whole cooler
Genuine one is £135

Or this nissens one which is also fine:

Alternatively you can change the radiator which is bolted to the back of the cooler along with all the seals. If you opt for this make sure you clean the mating surfaces fully. It includes all the seals for the other coolant / oil pipes too:

Dont buy any other product as there are lots of china specials on ebay. If you want a proper job change the whole cooler. If you buy a cooler, you will also need seals 55354068, 55556547 , 24445723 , 55353331 and 2 of 55353328 . which come with this:

This will help you with diagram showing where the seals are:

Oil filter you will need too: HENGST E611H D442 OIL FILTER 4030776050646 | eBay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts