Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Just wondered if anyone can help with the following problem I have on my 2001 Zafira Club 1.6. The yellow coolant warning light comes on and stays on each time the engine is started, and the radiator fan cuts in and runs continuously. When it first started doing this it used to sometimes cut out again after a few miles but recently the fan runs continually without cutting out at all,and the light stays on. The engine doesn't overheat or show any signs of coolant loss, even on long journies. I have just removed the front bumper to locate the coolant relay, and when I disconnect the two plugs at the bottom of thisrelay the engine runs ok without the warning light on. Obviouly haven't run it for too long like this as it probably would overheat. I am reckoning(or hoping even!!)on it being this relay that's faulty,but wonder if anyone might have any other ideas please. I've seen one of these on ebay, but the number printed on it shows CG3701 whereas the one I have taken off says CG1001. They do look exactly the same though, and the seller says it will fit a Zafira A or Astra. Any help/advice very gratefully received. Many thanks in advance. Regards.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts