Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible for me to install/ fit a cruise control system into my 2002 52 REG Vauxhall Zafira?
Any idea's would be very helpful.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was in a main dealer the other day asking this same question. The maindealer said all I needed to do was replace the indicator stork so it had the CC control on it, then my Zaffy would need the CC activating in the ECU by the main dealer Tech2 diagnostic kit.
I also have a mate who was a sales rep for a Vx main dealer and he did the above on his 06plate Astra and it worked.
Vauxhall usually fit all the wiring looms required in manufacture.

My Zaffy is a 08 model but I do believe the new stork and the Tech2 works on all Zaffy models.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
4 Posts
There's a "how to" on the astra owners club site. I'd have a look first because there are a coupkle of things your car needs to have (or not have) before you can install it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is definitely possible. I followed a guide on another site - Google it. Mine is auto so I didn't need the clutch switch. Cost me £15 for the stalk off eBay and £25 for opcom and I activated it myself. I haven't added the bulb to the dashboard yet as its quite obvious if it is active or not!

·
Registered
78 Posts
You need to find out if you have a clutch pedal switch and the wiring to it, you will need to change your brake pedal switch , fit an indicator switch with cruise control and program the engine ecu for the system to work correctly. I hope this helps, craig.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Ive just installed C/C on my 2001 1.6 z16xe zafira yesterday. I was lucky that all the wiring was present and I only had to fit a clutch switch and C/C stalk and then I had to program it myself. Works perfect. The Zafira A does not have a telltale on the dash for C/C. Other than this its perfect.

I was all prepared to make my own loom as my car is a basic spec club and I didnt think the wiring would be present. Its usually not present on the 1.6/1.8 zafiras but I was shocked to find it was there. Saved me a couple of hours of fitting the wiring. Id even bought all the wire to make my own loom aswell as visited my local scrappy for the clutch switch connctor and the stalk connector.

Ive been helping a guy fit his C/C to his 2005 zafira A 1.6 Z16XE and none of the wiring was present in his car. He had to make a loom for the inside of the car and also add 4 wires from the X2 connector behind the glove box to the X120 connector behind the battery. His also works perfect.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine is a 2001 2.0 dti and I have looked. Found stalk connection and found some wire going to the clutch. So I thinking that a c/c stalk and program via opcom should work. Only one way to tell

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I fitted Cruise Control to my 2.0dti 2002 Zafira exactly 1 year ago beginning of June. I only needed to change the stalk for a s/h one off eBay for 5.99 pounds and fit it and it worked straight away.... Full functions- engage, increment up or down, disengage and re-engage at same speed. My only niggle is that the buttons are quite stiff to push and its easy to flick left or right indicator by mistake. I use it all the time even on a short trip to the shops! It also helps increase fuel economy slightly if used sensibly. On a long trip once you have realised how to drive using it constantly, it means you can arrive the other end feeling as fresh as a daisy and far less stressed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just wanted to set a CC in my zafira I have a 2002 automatic model.
1.8l Petrol engine. Not sure about engine model. I have got a Stalk with
CC on it and also have the op com. I just not good about car electronics. I can set the stalk and activate ECU but if
any missing wiring or switch I unable to manage on my own.( brake pedal switch) In the beginning of Aug I'm planning to go for a
long Journey I really wanted to set the CC before that. I'm willing to pay for
someone who is able to put the missing blocks to the right place. If you are
one of them please email to [email protected]
. Or any help like video or helpful link will be appreciated.Thanks for your
help in advance. Best regards: Vince

·
Registered
58 Posts
mines a 2003 dti, got brand new stalk off ebay for £11 switched the cc on withopcom. but no wiring for the cc stalk, the clutch and brake switches are there wired and working but **** knows where i connect to as they talk about the conector but my wiring is not vx colours just red,black,yellow and grey so cant match them up to anything.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Hi. If you have the clutch switch wired in, you should have the stalk connector up on the steering column. You have to take off the steering column cowl pieces in order to find the spare connector, which in mine was bent back on itself and firmly taped up to the loom. It was quite hard to see, and at first, like you, I thought I didn't have it there. But a friend said try digging into the loom and you'll find it. And I did! I would be very surprised if your vehicle didn't have it... Good luck and cheers... Robin

·
Registered
58 Posts
you talking about the loom in the plastic trunking stuff

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
You have 2 branches coming up the steering column from the main loom, one goes to the right for the wipers, and one to the left for the indicator stalk. The one on the left is the one you are looking for. You will have to disconnect the existing stalk to put the new one in and find the extra connector that will match up with the one you have left on the bundle of wires from the new stalk. This extra connetion is for the cruise control.... Good luck... Robin

·
Registered
58 Posts
thats what i thought but cant find the "blue" connector anywhere, think i'll pull the covers off again and have another look on the left side see if its further back than i looked last time. miss the cc had it on sharan and was great on motorways etc.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
If its any help, my connector when I found it turned out to be grey in colour!... and very hard to find in the thich bundle of wires... Cheers... RobinEdited by: robin100145

·
Registered
58 Posts
right then all covers off inc lower one, totally removed the cable carrier and still no connector im totally baffled now aprox how far down was the connector that you found as theres one thick cable wrap coming up to top off the main loom which ill pull all the sheathing off morro as cut my hands to bits raking about.anyone tell me the colours that goes to the connector please so i can check the big connector behind battery to see if they there,many thanks all that are helping me.laurie

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Hi again... Taxing the brain cells here! From memory, the cruise connector was taped in behind the connector block that the indicator stalk control plugs into...It was not too far back down the loom; sort of halfway between the swivel base of the indicator stalk and wherethe lower end of the upper half of the steering column cowl piece would be when its in place...! I can't remember the colours of the wires, and I can't go out and look now because the other half is away in the car for a few days... Perhaps someone else who has done this can remember the details better than I can..?Also, it's just possible that itmay be different on yours as mine's officially a 2002 2.0dti. Good Hunting & Cheers.. Robin.

·
Registered
58 Posts
thanks for info robin.well took all the wrapping off right down to main loom and its not there so ive extended the cable across to the passenger side now its a case of taking it to the wires theres a big plug/socket at passenger side big loom and behind battery another big plug/socket so must be there somewhere. noticed a pair of coax connectors at passenger side wonder where they go to at back as one must be for say gps and other for a phone, thinking about it maybes to the base of main ant or in that area would be handy for the dab radio.laurie

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi
Been looking at my car today which is also a 2.0 DTi (2003) -Has clutch switch,ABS,New stalk (with C Control switch)I have OPCOM
The problem is I cant see the cable either - the cables run in a grey plastic conduit which when separated doesn't appear to have any spare connector blocks.
Is it likely to be further down the colom or taped up under the dash board ?
Did you have any joy / luck locating it or a guide on where / how to wire it up Zorgman ??

1 - 20 of 28 Posts