Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a Zafira 2.0 DTI 2003 which I have driven over some stones and has some considerable damage - as I was told in the garage . The car has to be brought to other garage which is approved by the insurer and I am expecting their evaluation but was told from some people that if its more than 60 % of value of the car could be decided by insurance company ''to be written off'' .
I drive for a minute after the accident the car and there was engine oil dripping and red light but car was going .

I never had experience with this kind of a situation and I am looking for a advice what are the options and how to found what is reasonable price for the repairs if I decide to keep the car ?
Is it safe or reasonable to go this way - I liked the car and know that I wouldn't find probably similar for price under 3000 easy .
Thank you !

PS afterthe accident the front bumper was out ,and the oil was leaking;
From initial raport damages were - engine mounting - front, electrical engine harness , engine sump pan,engine sealant , paint and other work over the front bumper ( I am expecting the raport from second garage and Insurer yet )

·
Registered
61 Posts
To be honest, by the time you have the labour included, then you will be looking at a total loss. It would however be worth you accepting the insurance offer, buying it back and then doing the work yourself or getting a tame mechanic to fix it.

The sump is a few bolt to put it on, the wiring harness may be salvageable and the bumper etc can be replaced from a scrapyard from a car the same colour!

Done it before and the cost of replacing the bits is a lot less than the costs from the repair shop. The only thing you would have to factor in is the cost of moving the vehicle to have the sump and engine mount replaced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts