Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since yesterday my dashboard has gone bonkers! My speedometer is not working, lights inluding abs, battery and service continually flash on and off, and my revs clock simply flickers! Has anybody else experienced this problem? If so what is the problem and how can it be repaired?Thanks in anticipation

·
Registered
6 Posts
Zafira 2007 1.9CDTiHi I currently also have the identical problem:ABS, Battery, Eng Managament/Servicing, Engine lights flicker on and offRev Counter, Odometer and Fuel Guage do to zero or needle flickers from zero to correct reading,and then sometimes they all go to the faulty positions mentioned above and the engine cuts out with loss of power steering.I wait a moment and I can usually restart the car and continue the journey until it re-occurs.Does any body know where to start looking??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Must be catching,i too have now begun to have same issues,except car starts no problem so far....began with abs light then parked up for four days due to work.Went to use it todayand now have no speedo and dash like christmas.checked allfusess tried brake, accel ignition and get codes 050171, 210300 and 210870 any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I have a Zafira GSI on a 04 plate and the same has happened to me today.Driving on the motorway the dashboard dials all went to zero and dash board lights cut and the power steering failed. I also put a new battery in yesterday. Turned the ignition off and on and it seemed to go back to normal, but don't trust driving it with the power steering cuting out so gonna take it to a garage and get it checked out ASAP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys. Read these posts with interest and dismay! I've got an SRi 150 cdti, Zaf B, and had pretty much all of what you have been experiencing. Traced my issues to a burnt out alternator. Had it replaced - COSTLY! - but just got back tonight from 930 mile round trip - faultless!! Burnt off many a BWW sales rep along the way- they look well peed off at the Zaf's acceleration (and that's in 6th gear!). Fuel bl**dy pricey though, especially the Shell Vmax diesel recommended by the garage which carried out the repair to give the engine a good old clear out (it worked - now like a different motor!).

CHeck out the alternator. Hope you get it sorted soon.

H

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Everyone still no joy.Took it to a local garage, but they couldn't find anything conclussive and suggested I take it to a Vauxhall Dealer.I did, they returned it saying they couldn't read any of the ECUs etc asthe databus was failing to communicate and that I should remove the custom stereo fitted as it may be interfering with the CAN databus. They charged me £78 for that!!I've removed the stereo and not taken it back yet as trying to use my own OP-COM on it.As the stereo is removed it means the infotainment is removed from the databus as I don't have the original stereo to refit. Would this affect it?However took it for a spin and the faults still re-occur.....grrrrr!Has any one manage to find any useful nuggets to share yet?Any suggestions would help?Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh I checked my battery and it sits at around 12.4v and goes up to 14v with the engine running, which seems okay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh and vauxhall garage said they couldn't get it to re-occur but it should be safe to drive.However, when the engine cuts out and you lose power steering it doesn't feel particularly safe!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sounds similar to stories I've heard about the fuse box in the engine bay which, if the lid isn't closed down properly, lets water in and rots the fuse connections (they go a nice green colour). Have you checked for that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm working through this issue now...

I have the same symptoms as above.

Started with ABS light solid and dead speedo.
Then Rev counter would fall along with service and battery lights coming on.
Car would drive ok although I think its in limp mode.

Don't think it has anything to do with battery (which is only 6months old) or alternator as I've piggyback the power off another vehicle using decent jump leads. Battery and alternator read fine anyway.

I've found that if I remove Fuse #1 in the engine bay, which is the 20A ABS, the car works fine.
No issues with the rev counter and lights flickering.
Albeit since the ABS is disabled you don't get a working speedo, odometer and the ABS light stays lit.
Apart from that the car works fine and drives normally.

I've checked all the ABS sensor connections and all were solid with no debris inside.
I'm waiting on a Haynes manual to be delivered to start investigating a possible ABS pump or wiring issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts