Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Just joined as a newbie. I have a "57" Zafira SRi and want to fit some daytime running lights next to the spotlights. I assume the grill unscrews somewhere, but my biggest problem, not being an electrical expert is where to find the sidelight wire that I need to connect into. I have looked but everything seems so sealed, any electrical whizzos out there who can help me please?

·
Registered
2 Posts
take off the rubber covers on the headlights and you will see the side light bulb holder with the two wires attached you need to tap into, the holder will just pull out. or you could use the live wire on this as a feed and run through a relay and switch.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Just becarefulif you tap into the live wire on your front sidelights that when you press your brake pedal your light DRL's come on or dim. mine did so i had to wire them into my dipped beam. Led DRL.'s can take a supply from your rear brake light even if wired to the front........weird or what.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Ive also left the message on the VXON forum but the original poster has probably not checked in since leaving the post. Im sure he will eventually fix the issue and resolve his issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you mark, i do wonder if they'll go out still with the indicators or the brakes though, the only way we'll find out is by trying :0)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great, thanks much, i think i'll look for the black wire going to the coil as i wish to stay under the bonnet rather than try and find a hole going into the cabin :0)
I won't be doing this today though as the wife is having me paint the ceiling.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dough said:
Hi. Just joined as a newbie. I have a "57" Zafira SRi and want to fit some daytime running lights next to the spotlights. I assume the grill unscrews somewhere, but my biggest problem, not being an electrical expert is where to find the sidelight wire that I need to connect into. I have looked but everything seems so sealed, any electrical whizzos out there who can help me please?</font>
as an alternative have you thought about these?:
http://www.hansen-styling-parts.de/LED-Daytime-Running-Lights-and-fog-lights-Opel-Zafira-B-OPC-and-OPC-Line-2006-to-2010
now i have a slightly different problem in that my 57 Club doesn't come with factory fitted fogs and so I'd need to put them on a seperate switch, so can I just swap out the existing lights control and fit the one with the front fog button? But then that has the main lights control knob with an extra 'Auto' setting, so how does that part work, is there a light-sensing cell somewhere?
Edited by: boss_0978

·
Registered
2 Posts
Use this one
http://www.ebay.de/itm/400236366845?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
its the same Size as the fog lights an the fixpoints works with the original OPC bumper.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok day light running light and led break/ side lights.
When depressing the break lights the dlr lights come on, this is caused by a voltage feed back through the rear tail/break light bulb. The reason for this is that the led's in dlr units need less current to light up.
What is needed to cure this problem is a pair of ballast resistors placed in parallel on each dlr unit.
What this will do is increase the current needed to make the dlr's light up.
You can obtain these resistors from eBay.
These resistors will get hot so mount them somewhere where they will not make contact with plastic.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi all I have fitted DRL lights to my Zafi and wired them to a spareignition live in the engine bay fuse box and the dimmer relay is connected to the sidelight wire, all works fine. My only regret is that the lights are a little narrow otherwise they look g
ood.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts