Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am a newbie and i have just bought a 2000 yr di 16v zafira.
in the morning from cold the car is slow to start , i have checked the heater plugs and the
egr valve, all seem to be ok. once the car is going i have no problems with it all day, only first thing
in the morning. is there any thing esle i can check, or have i got a fuel pump problem.
any help would be great.

·
Registered
78 Posts
it sounds like you have fuel drain back generally it occurs when the spill pipe or the injector seals on the injector bridge draw air in which makes the vehicle hard ot start.if you pull a vacuum on the spill pipe and it drops off it indicates that its leaking but i would also remove the pipes and pull a vacuum on each of the injectors to make sure its not the seals.
i hope this helps,craig.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply,
i have noticed on top of the fuel filter there is a hand primer, which was probably fitted
by some one to aid in priming the fuel filter when changing it.
i was thinking of primimg the fuel fliter on the first start in the morning to see if that would help.
i will look in to the spill pipes and injector seals.
thanks for the help and will get back to you when i sort it out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I totally agree with Craig, I used to have a company Vectra and GM use as little bleed/leak off pipe as possible hence it is under stress. When I replaced mine I left another 30mm or so to provide a gentle loop onto the last injector.
Happy motoring!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts