Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help I'm thinking about removing the dpf on my 1.9 cdti. If i do this would it give me more mpg and more bhp. I live west Sussex can someone tell me were I can get it done.
Many thanks
Jools
[email protected]
07540520537Edited by: Norsman

·
Registered
26 Posts
Taken from pages 128 & 129 of the Handbook.

Diesel Particulate Filter....

The diesel particle filter system filters harmful soot particles out of the exhaust gases. The system includes a self-cleaning function that runs automatically during driving.

The filter is cleaned by burning off the soot particles at high temperature. This process takes place automatically under set driving conditions and may take up to 25 minutes.

Fuel consumption may be higher during this period. The emission of smells and smoke during this process is normal.

Under certain driving conditions, e.g. short distances, the system cannot clean itself automatically.
If the filter requires cleaning and previous driving conditions did not enable automatic cleaning, control indicator ! flashes. Continue driving, keeping engine speed above 2000 revolutions per minute. Shift down if necessary. Diesel particle filter cleaning is then started.

Stopping the journey or switching off the engine during cleaning is not recommended.

Caution:- If the cleaning process is interrupted more than once, there is a great risk of provoking severe engine damage.

Cleaning takes place quickest at high engine speeds and loads.

The control indicator ! extinguishes as soon as the self-cleaning
operation is complete.

·
Registered
21 Posts
DPF not part of the old DTI, only on Euro 4 Zafira's after 2005.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cost is around £1000 as you have to have it mapped out of the ecu while your at it get the egr valve blocked off you wont regret it :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Remove the insides out of the dpf and get it deleted out of the systemand get the egr deleted at the same time.
By removing the insides,it will look standard and itwill help it breath better,but get it deleted asap otherwise you'll be regenning every few hundred miles,and it will be a big plume of smog for 15 minutes and you'll be using a gallon of fuel every time.
I paid £250 for a remap and dpf/egr delete at celtic tuning.Edited by: Bluevan

·
Registered
3 Posts
i wish i had my dpf removed i just had to pay £1239 for a new one and egr valve.what a pathetic costly idea when its not really needed.my dpf failed without warning and was 110% blocked

1 - 15 of 15 Posts