Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking about getting the egr valve and dpf filters removed from my 2006 1.9 crdti 150 sri zaffie.
also getting it chipped to switch off egr valve and switch off dpf filter system. i was going to use a evolution chip i heard they are good? can anybody give me any advice on this subject.
much appreciated

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have my 150 chipped upto 206 and I have increased my fuel economy from 35mpg to 44mpg combined, so its not just about the speed.

The extra power also helps when towing as it gives extra torque.

As for the DPF and EGR valve removal, why do you need to? If you use a good DPF cleaner then your DPF wont block up and cause problems with the EGR valves.

I drive 500 miles a week but I still use the JLM cleaner to ensure that the DPF never needs to regenerate.

Regards

Stuart

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Disabled my DPF and EGR and remapped mine to around 190bhp with a nice linear map so not to destroy the gearbox and dual mass. It's the EGR valve that sticks first then it cokes up your DPF and brings on the mil light and car goes into limp mode. It also knackers the swirl flaps in the inlet manifold.

·
Registered
12 Posts
just been reading up about disabling the egr and dpf could anyone shed a light on how to do this??sorry if it sounds dumb im only a newbee

·
Registered
314 Posts
i removed the dpf, great drive now...... the egr is still on....however i clean it every year.....and the eingines runs superbly.....no mil light

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had major DPF & EGRproblems with my zaffy 150 so i took the option to have them removed and deleted car is much better to drive better on fuel now aswell.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm from ni mate any good mechanic can remove it an weld in straight through pipe, they just remove brain and take it to someone to remap no hassle ..egr isn't such a big problem as its accessible an easy removed, would cost around £120 to replace if it gives major probs, that sort of guide rates for our area.. Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yet another newbie question from me, if you have the remap carried out and the EGR and DPF removed. what hapens if vauxhall do a software update onthe car?
Will it overwrite the remap or simply work round it?
Thanks for your patience
Roddie

·
Registered
71 Posts
flipperthebushkangar said:
Yet another newbie question from me, if you have the remap carried out and the EGR and DPF removed. what hapens if vauxhall do a software update onthe car?
Will it overwrite the remap or simply work round it?
Thanks for your patience
Roddie
The quick answer is YES they can overwrite your map unless you tell them not to update your car, get an eds ipf that way you can putmap back on yourself, plus you can switch between maps, remove egr etc for a one off cost.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts