Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I have been the owner of a 1.6 52 plate Zafira club for about a month now and tonight experienced a cut out Iamunsure of how to resolve. Basically, on approaching a junction I stopped, depressed the clutch and the engine died. Managed to get it restarted, but after that the exhaust emission light came on solid. At each junction when stopping, unless the revs are kept high it dies. Any idea of what may be the problem and potential work load, costs, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Addition to my post above. As the Zaffy was still running and I needed to get to work, had to risk using her for the Monday morning run. Started fine and got into work with no problems or cutting out, although the exhaust emission light was still showing solid. On the return journey home later that day still ran fine but the emission light was no longer on. Used the Zaffy again today and still no cutting out or emission light. Not ideal and would like to know if anyone else has experienced similair experiences and thoughts on what might be afoot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Almost certainly a blocked up throttle body. A problem the dealers don't seem to know so much about.
You need to remove it from the car and clean it thoroughly.
Now the important bit:
There are 2 breather holes coming off the sides of the throttle body. 1 you'll see and clean. The second is so tiny you'll probably not know its there at first, it will be hidden by the slightest coating of oil. Its the size of a pin head literally and that's the one that causes the stalling at junctions when its blocked.

Clean it and all will be good!

This applies equally for the newer cableless throttle like yours and the older cable system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for posting this thread. I am a complete newby to this. However purchase of a car from a newer range forces me to look into the problems myself. I admit I can be vounrable when it comes to cars and detecting problems in them. However I love to learn, and dont mind finding out why my Zaffi also had a similar problems. I'm a owner of Zafira Life 1.6 56 plates (2006) petrol.
In my case I had the car cut out (went off...) as I slowed down or stopped last week two times. Didn't pay much attention to the lights as I thought it was me not giving enough acceleration. But yesterday it became clear that I have a problem with my car
. During longer drive it just lost power without any signs as I slowed down, it happened three times. The exhaust emission light appeared only after engine stopped, and did not appear at any other times.
Today I've searched through forums to find the cause of this fault, and learnt to do a pedal check, however it did not show anything. This thread seems the closest to the diagnosis of my car.

Also to mention, I found it a bit unusual that only on some occasions the car would not start straight away.
I would be grateful on any comments here as the car needs to go for a repair ASAP, unless I could do some of the stuff myself, without the equipment.
Thank you in advance and please be patient with me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts