Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me? I have a brand new 09 plate Zafira, in the colder weather, it cuts out, you feel a small jolt, battery light flashes on and power returns as quick as it started. This is going into the garagetomorrow for the 4th time and I am getting fed up with it now. 1st time it went in, no problem detected on machines, but battery connections found to be loose, so they tightened them up, 2nd time it went in to garage they found a problem with the EGR valve so this was replaced, 3rd time, couldnt find any problem. Now after keeping a log and car cutting out 7 times on one journey it is going back in tomorrow. The garage sees it as an intermittent fault and I am feeling we are getting fobbed off. Called vauxhall, not much joy although they are going to try and sort out a hire car, called dealer, no luck and finance company are helping the most. I am also annoyed that we bought a zafira as we have 4 kids and what is the courtesy car they are giving us.... a CORSA, great eh???? So vauxhall have said they will try and sort out a hire car but no guarantees. Is there something else we could be doing? Or is it just us and everyone else has no problems, if you did what was it???

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi there,

i have exactly the same problem, i brought my 53 reg 1.6 club 1yr ago i only had the car 1wk and whilst driving down the m5 very near bristol i took my foot off the accelarator to slow down to traffic and realised the car had cut out for no apparent reason at all, i experienced this prob 2x going down to devon and 2x coming home with a number of occasions of it also attempting to cut out.
since that dreaded journey i could not tell you how many times the car has done this, its been on a diagnostic machine pulling up the immisions vaule which got replaced but again the problem was still there it has since been into the garage and had the induction pipe replaced but again not solved the problem, my car is currently in the garage again hopin to find the fault but i wont hold my breath!
what you discribe is exactly what mine does if i approach a roundabout or lights and have to take my foot of the gas it cant seem to cope with no petrol going through, downhill are a no no too.
i also have 4 children and my husband does'nt drive i feel like a card board cut out when driving the thing im that scared.
i will let you know if it comes back ok!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for posting, mine has been fine, it seems that it is only in the colder months that we have the problem. I dont even have to take my foot of the gas either it just cuts out. It is pretty scary when it happens, I like you have 4 kids also in the car so the idea of this happening on a dark road in the middle of nowhere does not appeal!!!! Arnold Clark cant seem to be bothered and when we got in touch with Vauxhall they really arent interested either. I put a search on for Zafira problems and came across 3/4 forums like this, so you might want to have a look at them as Im sure you are not the only one that has this problem. I hope you get some good news soon and hopefully get it fixed too, let me know how you get on, and Im sure when I have the same problem occur, I will be back on here ranting!!!
Debbie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts