Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I’ve been having some issues on start up when the engine is cold.
Car is a 02 petrol 1.8l manual.
The car turns over, starts fine and then happily idles. For the first minute or 2 the throttle seems completely odd. It struggles to rev or revs frantically. If you try to drive off it just bogs down and the accelerator pedal does nothing. Then all of a sudden it will start kangarooing violently for a few seconds and then generally sorts itself out and I can drive off.
It seems like the ecu has to learn from scratch, what to do in regards fuel/air mix on acceleration before You can drive off.
From what I’ve read it seems similar to the common MAF sensor failure but it was replaced with a genuine part 3 years ago. The manifold lambda has been replaced recently.
Occasionally the engine light comes on and these are the fault codes that pop up.
F580C050-7988-482E-BC1A-E26DAB21DA4E.png

any help or info would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have a look at the vacuum hose that connects to the throttle body and see if it has any splits, might also be worth removing the throttle body and cleaning it, there is one tiny hole which the vacuum hose connects onto and that can get clogged up.

Also since your Zafira is 2002 does it have an EGR valve? you should be able to find it easily, if not there will be a blanking cover on the side of the engine, if you do have one then clean that too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice.
think you may have hit the nail on the head as the inlet manifold and throttle body were clogged with rubbish!
the little valve was solid as well.
Hoping this will be the answer
Question is, is this normal over time or is there something amiss that’s causing this?
C04019FF-CBAF-4C5E-A2B1-FC821783ED4C.jpeg
A8C5385C-992A-4FB3-B7E8-64B5EE860A59.jpeg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally managed to clear that port out, which again was stuffed with crap.
Unfortunately it hasn’t solved the problem!
I’ve just done a service, air/fuel/oil filter, new oil and plugs, still no change.
This morning, having ruled the MAF sensor out, due to it only being 3 years old, I unplugged it this morning and it seemed to start a lot better. I’m going to try it again after work and then tomorrow to make sure.
However, the traction control fault light came on on the instrument panel. Why would this be?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts