Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have owned a 05 plate zafira DTi now for 5years i have always enjoyed driving her but as of late i am having problems with the engine management and loss of power.
After driving approx 30-40 miles on the motorway my engine managemnt light comes on and i loose power. the diagnostic machines dont show anything and have had the egr vavle cleaned twice to no avail.
dorve to worcester from bedford yeaterday and its happened 4 times usually i pull over to the services turn the engine off and restart and fine for another 40 miles. but after doing this a 3rd time when i tired to pull back on to the motorway i put in gear and accelerated and it was as if the engine was in nuetral and jusr revved eventually shoved it in 4th and she engaged. am dubious to have the valve chenged dont want to waste money if thats not the fault.

is anyone else having this problem have they found a cure?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Trudya
Had the same problem on my 04 DTI cleaned EGR valve but in the end had to replace it cost over £300 from dealers ( plug in for diagnos told valve kept sticking ),later found someone on ebay selling it for £240. But light came back on couple of days later back to stealers found out MAF had also gone to a better place this cost £213, tried a pattern part ( £120 ) of ebay but wasn't up to the job hence the £213 had to a Bosch one stealers yet again. Cured now at great cost.

·
Registered
5 Posts
its even started doing it when I turn right with any speed will be getting the fault codes traced to see what is going on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts