Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 2.0 dti,i do not have a problem starting the car but when i do the engine management light comes on(the one with the spanner)when i rev the engine the light goes off and the car runs fine.is there a problem lurking here or is this normal?

·
Registered
2 Posts
This may assist as I have the same problem which I cant find the answer to on this forum. The engine management light on mine cameso I had a diagnostic mechanic look at this and diagnosed faulty glow plugs which were changed. Soon after this 'fix' the light came on again only when starting from cold(goes out after about 30secs) it was again put on the tester and showed faults in one or both of A104 Glow plug control module and/or K22 glow plug relay. You could tryreplacing the glow plugs or have the car put through a diagnostic test. Glow plugs seem to be an issue with this engine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quick update, Solved the problem by replacing the Glow plug Relay as identified by the diagnostics (K22) This cost £28 +VAT from AutoVaux. It is a silver metal ribbed relay situated at the side of the battery about 3"x 2" in size (My car is a '04 2.0 DTi)

Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts