Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im newly registered and in need some help. please
I have a Zafira 2011 1.8 petrol engine manual modified for a wheelchair.
The engine has seized (RAC) and im in need of a replacement, its parked safely at a friends place while i try and source an engine, i saw a zafira 1.8 petrol engine advertised and enquired about it but was told it wont fit mine. my friends are now away and i cant get there as its around 30miles from me how can i find out what engine i need as its in a locked premises ..log book says 168 G/KM ? and i paid for an engine check which says 20RG8494 .
Any guidance would be most appreciated.
Thankyou

·
Registered
170 Posts
Z18XE (125HP) which was used on the Zafira A, Astra G, Vectra B.
Yours will be Z18XER VVT engine, (140HP) which is used on the Zafira B/Vectra C/Astra H, very early Zaf Bs did use the Z18XE engine.
168 G/KM is from the Z18XER.

Z18XE
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Personal luxury car

Z18XER.
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have been great with your replies thankyou so very much. Just one more question..I could have the A18XER but can have the Z18XER with no problem?

·
Registered
170 Posts
No problems, I think it will work but the A18XERs are normally fitted with the 6 speed gearbox on the Insignias, I'm not sure if that engine is fitted to a 5 speed so unless you get engine + gearbox + ECU, I'm not sure if it will work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its a 5 speed gearbox...but thinking i was now on track thanks to you and looking for a replacement it seems some Z18XER that i can find have specific years ie 2006-2008 or 2005-2008 would that be for specific vauxhalls ie vectra etc?
Thanks for your patience.i

1 - 8 of 8 Posts