Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya and nice to meet you,
My name is Marius, and I'm since 13th august the owner of 03reg Zafira bought out from Evans Halshaw Supermarket(Plymouth), with 3 mths warranty - so still on 'til nov 13th.
Bought the car with +55000miles on board - at present having 56000.
The car had from begining, the exhaust emission light on, when engine was running. The problem was fixed, after going to garage 3 times and them replacing 2 sensors on exhaust system, which took ab 3 weeks.
Ab 10 days ago, I've notices a little trail of smoke, comming out of the engine, right under the oil filler cap, which was after starting the engine from cold.
I went to garage to get the car checked and they've said is nothing wrong with it.
The car's engine sounds a bit rough and uneven(not a round sound), and there are other 2 things that bother me, and which I've just noticed:
-the engine smells lately like burning oil, and I can even recognise my car in a supermarket car-park by smell, even though the car was driven for just 15 min.
- I've checked the oil on dipstick and noticed that the level is 3/4 left out of full which was just about 20 days ago(I've had since about 700 miles done on long journey, with smooth drive and max 80miles/h on motorway).
On my internet researches I've found that it might be piston ring(s), but I'm still not sure, and do not know if the buggers from garage will listen to what I'll try to say or they'll just move the car arround (as 1 of mechanics told me they do with majority of customers
).
I'm sorry ab the long post and bad english, just hope u can help me with some advices.
Cheers and wish u all trouble free engines

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
errr...forgot to mention, my zafira is a 1.8 elite(petrol).
My mistake .."some advice"

Hope didn't broke no rules with over-posting

·
Registered
30 Posts
google vauxhall owners network. then do a search for cam cover gasket. you should be able to find a guide how to do it. its normally undo a dozen or so bolts, pull off plug leads, take off any breathers attached to the cam cover,lift cover off,remove gasket,make sure both mating faces are clean,replace gasket and put everything back together. some people use a bit of sealant aswell as the gasket but not too much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts