Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys been reading horror stories which have scared the crap out of me about ABS units going wrong
costing 1000's

Now i have the permanent ESP light on and everything runs fine the ABS light has NEVER come on.. I have popped it onto the opcom which has not mentioned pressure sensors buy comunication error, now would this be a wheel hub with sensor problem????

As i don't get a error with ABS light.

Thanks for your time

Hk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi there, I can't help you, but I am very interested in this as my 2007 reg Zafira B 1.9 CDTI has just developed the same problem. The car drives with no problems, but the ESP light is on all the time.
Holding down the Sport button does nothing, pressing the sport button again to switch off sport mode (or switching the engine off then on) doesn't get rid of the ESP light either.
I've not yet had the codes read, but I am concerned that the problem could cost shedloads to put right.
If thats the case, and if the MOT doesn't depend on it, then I may have to live with it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not good news mate i am afraid.... it will almost Definitely be the dreaded C0131 - Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction.

And that means near to £2000 worth of repair by a dealer...i am looking at getting my ABC ECU refurbed by this company fingers crossed!!!! http://www.bba-reman.com/catalogue/DetailedProduct.aspx?DetailedProduct=726
VW have admitted the problem but NOT VX the scumbags.
Hk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same problem about 2 weeks ago. Bought my Zaf from a dealer and 4 weeks later the ESP light came on and stayed on. Due to being covered under warranty the dealer dealt with it. Although it took them 2 weeks to sort out they loosely explained that the traction control unit wasn't communicating with the ABS.After replacing the traction control unit and struggling to program it (apparently it required programming *shrug*) they then said that a nearby pump *shrug* was overheating and causing the traction control unit to fail and this ALSO needed replacing. After all the repairs it would have come to approx 2K to sort (so i was told) but fortunately for me cost me nothing. Whether all this was some kind of warranty claim con (as my warranty was actually through the AA) or legit.... who knows. Personally I say take the **** bulb out the dashboard!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the entire unit can be sent off for repair £100 or £245 worse case scenario for new refurb replacement, all come with2 year warranty.

These are the boys to contact http://www.bba-reman.com/uk/index.aspxtop guys and very very helpful, guy said to me that at mo they are doing 40 to 50 of these units a week!!!!

Anyways i am one HAPPY BUNNY not took mine off yet but is a tutorial on astra owners network and does not take long.. Will have to bleed brakes once new unit is on, but hay ho for the saving this is no great shakes.

So if you have this problem no brainer contact the guys at bba-reman. SIMPLES!!!!Edited by: hkphooey

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have the same problem and have posted on the other topic.i had mine diagnosed as c0131 presssure sensor problem, and as has been mention, my ABS is unaffecred at all. However i spoke with BBA REMAN and they told me they were unable to fix this problem,so i would be interested in what HKphooey told them and them him

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bally said:
i have the same problem and have posted on the other topic.

i had mine diagnosed as c0131 presssure sensor problem, and as has been mention, my ABS is unaffecred at all. However i spoke with BBA REMAN and they told me they were unable to fix this problem,so i would be interested in what HKphooey told them and them him

Really??? i quoted my error code and they have said that it was a common issue!!! who did you speak too? i have not sent mine yet.

Hk

·
Registered
45 Posts
completely apoligse HKPHooey.Just spoken with them,apparently they only started doing the repair this year, you are correct.Was your code the same as mine?

·
Registered
45 Posts
hkphooeycan you tell me where the unit is(its correct name)and how to get it, where didyou find the tutorial?

·
Registered
45 Posts
just giving an update, sending my unit off next week, removing it tomorrow. hopefully this will remove the error, and as they test it first i can only assume they will find the same fault code CO131.hopefully have it back and refitted by next weekend.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Bally for keeping us upto to date...
criminal that VX have not recalled these for repair or even repair once they fail..

Hk

·
Registered
45 Posts
i spoke to VX with regards to this issue and they told me there was no issue and denied even having previous correspondance

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bally said:
i spoke to VX with regards to this issue and they told me there was no issue and denied even having previous correspondance

What jokers VX are

1000's are going to dealers only to be told its a out of warranty issue and can't be claimed for and most peeps take it on the chin, but not all.

Hk

·
Registered
45 Posts
further updatepump is now in a queue at BBA Reman,been a nightmare as the parcel company failed to deliever it when they were suppose to,so lost 2 1/2 days in transit. Could have walked there quicker.Means my plans for only being with out the car for a week are dashed. Unit wont be back till midweek, asuming they can repair it. Awaiting the call.Will keep you all up to date

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bally said:
further update

pump is now in a queue at BBA Reman,been a nightmare as the parcel company failed to deliever it when they were suppose to,so lost 2 1/2 days in transit. Could have walked there quicker.Means my plans for only being with out the car for a week are dashed. Unit wont be back till midweek, asuming they can repair it. Awaiting the call.Will keep you all up to date

What a pain for you mate... sort of thing that happens to me. Good luck lets keep fingers crossed that it doesnt go astray on way back

Hk

·
Registered
45 Posts
another update, BBA have called today,pressure sensor fault found and repaired. Unit being dispatched tonight so hope if it arrives in good time will be able to fit it tomorrow.Does anyone know will the error code need to be turned off/removed at a garage or will the ECU detect its working ok and clear it's self?Cheers

·
Registered
45 Posts
UPDATEwell got back yesterday and fitted it today,bled brakes, started car and guess what,,,,,,,still got the light on, absolutly gutted. So rang my local helpful garage about get it diagonitic put on again and he told me just to drive it for 25 mins and would clear it. drove for 30 mins stopping and starting and no differeance, arrivied home parked up,turned off back on and low and behold no light, first time in a year.Its fixed,i have tried turning it off and back on and still all works, i even get the message ESp on. Fantastic. Word of advice, remember to bleed the brakes again after starting car.Highly recommend BBA. If i can help you in anyway,please just send me a message.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

The dreaded esp light is permanently on on my 2005 Zafira SRi. My friendly local Vauxhall service agent has quoted me £1634.70 plus labour to fit for a new abs control unit!

They quote the part number as 93187939. Is this the same one as mentioned above? The part numbers are different on the BBA site.

Thanks!
Neal.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Neilthey dont list all the part numbers, your best bet is to email them or ring. If you can repair it for £200.00 quid your laughing.If you need any more info,please mail me

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got same error code with my Zafira 1.9 CDTi which has the ESP light on all the time.Can anyone advise where to physically find theoffending partand the procedure? Think I would then try BBA tosee if they can repair it.Also, I don't know if this is connected or not ... but when I drive in 5th or 6th gear at 70-80 mph and then try to accelerate or give extra pedal to keep speed up a hill, then the car sometimes holds back and a vibrating sensation is felt as if the engine is vibrating at some kind of resonance. Could it be the ESP wrongly cutting in and pulsing the brakes alternately?If I ease off or try to increase speed and drive through it, then it disappears after a couple of seconds.Just to check, on several occasions I have tried pressing the Sport button .. which disables ESP ... and whilst like this I have never experienced the problem occuring. Maybe, this is just coincidence and I have just not caught it yet.I hope this could be caused by one and the same problem . Please god, not two expensive faults!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts