Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Bit new to this game,so hi to everyone!!

This may take some time so bear with me.

I have a Vauxhall Zafira 2006 model 1.9 cdti 120bhp.

The first thing that concerns me is that the central locking does not work not by the key fob, but will work if i get out of the car, and have the drivers window down, and press the door lock on the dash, quickly remove my arm, whilst the window goes up the car will fully lock, but will only iunlock via the key in the door, and all the doors will unlock once the driver door has been opened.

The icon in the speedo display the car spanner one, flashes and will not turn to start, even though everything lights up fine, apart from the flashing spanner car icon.

The car has broken down several time due to this, and been hauled to the garage, but only for it to start ok.

My local Vauxhall dealership said that there was an issue with the fusebox in the engine compartment gettting moisture in it, and some of the fuse being corroded, they said they replaced thema nd that the central locking was fixed, it cost me 144 bucks, but the central locking was still not resolved and to this day is still not.

I have since been on a few vauxhall forms for advice and been informed that this is a regular fault, and its happened to several people.

One fault was moisture getting into the air filter and diesel filter and this cleaned or replaced for a tenner will resolve the problem.

was told that when the airget dragged in, and in particular, when its raining really heavy that this can happen, and to avoid deep road surface water.

If anyne out there can give me some advice that would be ace.

Thanks guys and gals!

Edited by: Karatekidportree

·
Registered
13 Posts
from what you have wrote here, i would say its your key, especially if your engine won't start, as it needs to be the right key and i have read that the car with spanner light can mean engine immobilization i.e using wrong key perhaps or faulty key etc. Do you have a spare one? try that, or if not, try replacing batteries in your key. Apart from that, try recoding your key with your car. I know you can do it as if you buy a new one you can do it yourself.

hope this might help, if you have already done this, just ignore me.

regards

mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mike,

Well i took it to my local Vauxhall dealer, and they changed the batteries i both keys but to no avail, they said there might be dampness in the fusebox, ad that they replaced some fuses, apparently corroded, but i questioned this as nothing else in the car is fauty just the central locking, another thing was it might be the CIM unit behind the steering wheel, the garage were asked to replace this by GM themselves but they just relaced the clip, problem still here, i was also told it could be dampness in the air filter, but how would that affect the electrics????
Its very confusing, i'm going to Inverness next week for a secondf opinion at another Vauxhall dealership, see what they say.
How would i be able re-code the key with the car, as both keys, won't lock the car centrally!

Thanks for your advise, its greatly appreciated.

Johnny

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Hi there Johnny... I don't know if you have your car sorted out by now, but it sounds to me as thogh you might need to synchronise the keys to the car system... Get into the driving seat; close the drivers door; insert the key into the ignition and turn it on TWO CLICKS ONLY (don't start the engine) The dash lights should be lit up... Now press one of the remote buttons on the remote key fob - all the doors should lock and then unlock within approx. 3 seconds. Turn off the ignition, remove the key and get out of the car... Now try locking it with the remote... It should work. If it does work the first time, then try the same procedure again, but with the second ignition key this time. In the end you should have two working keys. If this procedure doesn't work after trying it twice - there is something more serious wrong with the system, which might be revealed by plugging the car into a diagnostic unit... Failing that, I'm afraid its down to the Vauxhall Dealer and be prepared to spend money...!! Cheers.. Robin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts