Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<blockquote ="post restore" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; word-wrap: break-word; ">Hi, Just bought a Zafira SRI 1.9 CDTI120 2006at the weekend. I'm a little worried to find air bubbles, similar to bubble bath in the filler bottle and the coolant level warning keeps coming on.

I've flushed the radiator through and replaced the coolant but to find the bubbles are back again. The coolant level warning came on again this evening but the level seems to be fine.

The engine seems to run and idle ok except sounds a bit tappety, that may be normal but i'm not sure. I've also just changed oil and filter, car has done 44,000 miles. No sign of any oil in the water and the oil is also clean.

Does anyone have any ideas?
mmmm</blockquote>

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

Couple of comments.
Did you drain all the coolant out?
What replacement coolant did you use?

Apparently if you mix OAT coolant with normal coolant it frothes up something like what you have described.

The previous owner may have topped up with the wrong coolant in the cold spell prior to you buying the car.

For tech info and what type of coolant you should use suggest going on the comma web site.

D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts