Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fuel gauge light on - dash has gone straight to flashing - rather than from static light first - but the needle is not yet on red - well not quite. There should be fuel in there and I shouldn't be running on fumes. Could there be a fault with the gauge or just a faulty bulb in the dash? Can anyone help?

·
Registered
56 Posts
not come across this prob on zaffy but on other vauxs probably sticking or faulty sender unit in tank, use trip meter as temporary gauge/idea on how much fuel in tank till u get it fixed ,hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had my Zafira since new and in the first few months had the fuel sender unit replaced 3 times but theunreliable fuel guage issue remained. The fluctuations in fuel remaining can be worrying but I have learnt that if the tank is filled right up I can do 440 to 460 miles before fill up and sometimes even at this range the fuel light will not have come on.
Use the fuel guage as a guesstimate but rely on the odometer and some commom sense i.e. if you have a spate of driving with a heavy foot your tank range will diminish (I've seen the range drop to 400 with the fuel light blinking away!)
Also remember inclines have an effect on the guage reading and can sometimes take a while to settle down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
m running bilsteinshocks on mine all round and very pleased with
them,im using apex springs with 30 mm drop,but not impressed with rear
springs as they dont sit tight enough on bottomspring locators and
could be subject to moving slightly,don't give me that feeling of
confidence,fronts ok tho,but they are 'dropped' and u are lookin for
standard,standard shocks dont give u the option to adjust camber so
bolts go back exactly as u removed them,i'm guessing that if u go
further up bilstein range u do get this option but do u need to
introduce negative camber to road going vehicle unless u r doing loadsa