Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Vauxhall Zafira Exclusiv Registered 2012 and is a UK model, but am taking the car permanently to Spain and to conform to their import rules I need to change the headlights for LHD but cannot get any information as to what headlights I need, or where to purchase them.I have tried Vauxhall but they directed me to Opel in Europe whom I have sent three e-mails and received no replies.Is there anybody who can point me in the right direction.Thanks

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
As a temporary measure, you can buy stick on headlight convertors which will stop the beam affecting oncoming driver's in Spain. But I would think your best bet would be to buy a replacement set of headlights off the European eBay site, after you move out to Spain. Their spares will automatically be correct for the country...Cheers... RobinP.S.... On second thoughts, why don't youPM the forum member 'VFR'for his advice on this matter-I believe he lives in Spain, and is a regular contributor on the forum.... R.
Edited by: robin100145

·
Registered
161 Posts
As Robin has said use Ebay.uk first & Ebay.de will have your lights.Are you sure yours are not switchable RHD _ LHD as some new cars are ?You have a maximum of 6 months to change to Spanish plates but this must be started after 3 months of being here (check this out though)You can include the car in your chattle (your goods) when you come to Spain & will then avoid the first registration TAX so bear this in mind and get the process underway sooner rather than later.Check out this site for real good vehicle/traffic regs .........https://www.facebook.com/#!/TorreviejaTrafficDepartment?fref=nf
Edited by: VFR

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your suggestions I have tried ebay UK which has been a waste of time. As soon as I ask the question are they suitable for my year of registration they say they do not supply them for a LHD requirement. So will try the German ebay.I am also trying the local car breakers around here to see if a similar year Opel variant has the lights I need.As for the including the car in chattle, that has changed as they now charge your an importation duty worked out by your co2 emissions (for mine its 4.75%) by the value of the car as laid down by the Spanish Traffico department, and not its book price.You used to be able to claimthis tax back if you re-registered the car within the six months but according to the British Embassy this too has now stopped.Believe it or not I have as yet not managed to get a definitive guide to what the Spanish law actually is, as everybody including the UK embassy seems to give me a different answer.I can now understand why there are so many UK registered cars around Spain that are obviously over there illegally.Thanks for your suggestions

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
Did you get an answer about headlights,
Do the headlights convert to lhd ones
Or do I have to buy replacement lights
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts