Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 2005 B zafira and the offside headlight bulb stopped working. On inspection I found the wires to be completely rusted and not useable. I test the feed to see if I was still getting 12v through to the bulb in which case I could just replace the light fitting and voila. No! No feed.

I have searched in the handbook for whether there are fuses for these bulbs and some forums mention each headlight bulb has its own fuse? I can even find out this information on where they are for the headlights.

After testing all fuses in the fuse box under the bonnet and in the boot, all seem OK.

I decided to simply run a new wire from the other bulb (nearside) to feed the other bulb (sounds simple enough) This worked, BUT both the headlights only stay on for 3-15 seconds before they go out! Turn the light off and the on again and the same will happen.

Is there a relay clicking in or something? Can't be the fuse blowing as if you turn the lights off and then on again the both come back on.

Any advice guys, anyone know where/if there are fuses for these bulbs?

And why are the lights coming on for only a short period and then stopping?

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
CANbus system doesn't work like traditional live/earth system as all systems run thru its ownecu for its own system- if it detects fault in system it shuts down, the reason (i think) that u cant get a ' feed' is cos system relys on data not positive feed,not sure tho ,try messaging craig michael on this forum,he seems preety knowledgeable

1 - 2 of 2 Posts