Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, will try to keep this brief if I can. Names Slappywag, from Liverpool and had a Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDI for the last 5 years - it's been faultless but fancied more place so sold it and bought a 2.9 Kia Sedona Diesel auto and the thing DRINKS the juice - like 20mpg about the doors if I am lucky.
Looked at a Zafira when I was first buying the Picasso but wrote it off as it's a Vauxhall - looks like this was an ignorant thing to do as people say really goo things about them.
To that end I am going to look at an Opel Zafira (euro Vauxhall) 2.0DTI Elegance 2001 model tomorrow.
Is there any real things to look out for? Are these engines CAM chains too?MPG expected about town is 32-34 - is this reasonable?Parts look dirt cheap so that's good and like the way the seats fold into the floor when not needed at he very back - I do miss a decent sized boot when I don't need the rearmost seats lol.Any running or quality issues that crop up a lot on the older models?
BTW the one I am looking at has 142k on the clock since 2001 - seems alright that, taking a gamble as its 13 yr old car but then again it's a diesel and the birds family in France all run diesels from early 90's and the things just go forever.....
Any feedback welcome.
Tx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here's the in-depth review of Zafiras that says .... buy a Picasso!

Myself, I got my Zafira 6 months back, it's cost me a bit in fixes, but I rather like it, reasonable mpg (though see the review, not as good as Picassos), and plenty of flexible room.

The Mayor of London made me sell my 1.4L Diesel when the ULEZ expanded, and the Zaf I bought to replace it, though ULEZ-approved, actually has higher CO2/km (it was a bit of an edge case, my old Euro4 engine).

One of my wifes relatives in Germany had a diesel with 300k plus, it just kept on going. Would get one again, but then again I hope the current motor sees me out a decade or so (is a 2013 Zaf B so TBH, I'd be lucky)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts