Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 2006 1.9 cdti design zafira i know its not under warranty any longer but i was wondering if any one knows how i can get vauxhall to cover the cost of the faulty dual mass flywheel. i have contacted head office and they say because it is no longer under warranty there is nothing they can do. but afterlookingon the internet for hours and hours and seeing so many people with the same faulty dual mass flywheel surely its classed as a common fault and vauxhall should recall them or pay for it to be fixed. let me know if some can help me or advise me please.<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none"><div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

·
Registered
23 Posts
HiFrom past experiences with a motor of my own also with the dual mass fly wheel, no matter how much you argue with them or try to get them to see the fault they will not budge, mine was on a Mondeo, after spending over a grand i found out on a forum that for mine there was a single mass flywheel that will eliminate any further issues, look into it for the Zafira,Sorry not great news, some one else might of had better luck tackling this with main dealers, if i had got the single mass conversion it would have saved me a good few hundred quid, plus if you get the flywheel changed go for the clutch plate and slavecylinder, its a big job to drop everything so makes sense to change these to prevent doing it again in the near future,Lee

·
Registered
21 Posts
The issue is whether you would be prepared to take it to court. Goods sold must be fit for purpose and stating that the warranty expired is not good enough. If something is expected to last and perform for a certain period of time (and you would have to prove that) and it fails then you can pursue them on the basis that it was not fit for purpose and demand they pay for repairs or give you a refund if you purchased from new. If you purchased second hand then your claim may be against the person who sold you the car.

·
Registered
300 Posts
hi,you are wasting your time trying to get vaux to pay for it if warranty out, look on ebay cheaper than vaux dealer.

·
Registered
314 Posts
definately get all the necessary parts on ebay or any online shop. That will be twice cheaper. The parts number are here:

http://klubzafira.pl/forum/index.php/topic,868.0.html<div style="display: none; : fixed; width: 450px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 2px; border-left-width: 2px; border-top-style: dashed; border-right-style: dashed; border-bottom-style: dashed; border-left-style: dashed; border-top-color: grey; border-right-color: grey; border-bottom-color: grey; border-left-color: grey; border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; : rgb255, 255, 255; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; min-height: 200px; : 2147479999; text-align: center; color: rgb0, 0, 0; right: 0px; top: 0px">< style="height: 80px; width: 444px; border-top-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-left-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-right-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-bottom-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-top-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; padding-top: 2px; padding-right: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; padding-left: 2px">< value="af">Afrikaans< value="sq">Albanian< value="ar">Arabic< value="hy">Armenian< value="az">Azerbaijani< value="eu">Basque< value="be">Belarusian< value="bg">Bulgarian< value="ca">Catalan< value="zh-CN">Chinese (Simplified)< value="zh-TW">Chinese (Traditional)< value="hr">Croatian< value="cs">Czech< value="da">Danish< value="auto" ed="ed">Detect language< value="nl">Dutch< value="en">English< value="et">Estonian< value="tl">Filipino< value="fi">Finnish< value="fr">French< value="gl">Galician< value="ka">Georgian< value="de">German< value="el">Greek< value="ht">Haitian Creole< value="iw">Hebrew< value="hi">Hindi< value="hu">Hungarian< value="is">Icelandic< value="id">Indonesian< value="ga">Irish< value="it">Italian< value="ja">Japanese< value="ko">Korean< value="la">Latin< value="lv">Latvian< value="lt">Lithuanian< value="mk">Macedonian< value="ms">Malay< value="mt">Maltese< value="no">Norwegian< value="fa">Persian< value="pl">Polish< value="pt">Portuguese< value="ro">Romanian< value="ru">Russian< value="sr">Serbian< value="sk">Slovak< value="sl">Slovenian< value="es">Spanish< value="sw">Swahili< value="sv">Swedish< value="th">Thai< value="tr">Turkish< value="uk">Ukrainian< value="ur">Urdu< value="vi">Vietnamese< value="cy">Welsh< value="yi">Yiddish⇄< value="af">Afrikaans< value="sq">Albanian< value="ar">Arabic< value="hy">Armenian< value="az">Azerbaijani< value="eu">Basque< value="be">Belarusian< value="bg">Bulgarian< value="ca">Catalan< value="zh-CN">Chinese (Simplified)< value="zh-TW">Chinese (Traditional)< value="hr">Croatian< value="cs">Czech< value="da">Danish< value="nl">Dutch< value="en" ed="ed">English< value="et">Estonian< value="tl">Filipino< value="fi">Finnish< value="fr">French< value="gl">Galician< value="ka">Georgian< value="de">German< value="el">Greek< value="ht">Haitian Creole< value="iw">Hebrew< value="hi">Hindi< value="hu">Hungarian< value="is">Icelandic< value="id">Indonesian< value="ga">Irish< value="it">Italian< value="ja">Japanese< value="ko">Korean< value="la">Latin< value="lv">Latvian< value="lt">Lithuanian< value="mk">Macedonian< value="ms">Malay< value="mt">Maltese< value="no">Norwegian< value="fa">Persian< value="pl">Polish< value="pt">Portuguese< value="ro">Romanian< value="ru">Russian< value="sr">Serbian< value="sk">Slovak< value="sl">Slovenian< value="es">Spanish< value="sw">Swahili< value="sv">Swedish< value="th">Thai< value="tr">Turkish< value="uk">Ukrainian< value="ur">Urdu< value="vi">Vietnamese< value="cy">Welsh< value="yi">Yiddish<div style="text-align: left; : rgb235, 239, 249">English (auto-detected) » English<div style="width: 444px; max-width: 444px; padding-top: 2px; padding-right: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; padding-left: 2px; min-height: 80px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: grey; border-right-color: grey; border-bottom-color: grey; border-left-color: grey; : rgb255, 255, 255; text-align: justify">

·
Registered
17 Posts
My dual mass was show signs of wear last year, when it went in for a service in feb 2014 Just driving the car on the garage forecourt after the mot this week and the pedal goes straight to the floor.
So it looks like slave cylinder plus flywheel etc... To be fair the garage ran round and organised a loan car and I had no towing to organise.
Still I made it last another year before repair..

·
Registered
66 Posts
This comes down to reasonable wear and tear, the trouble you would have trying to pursue a claim against Vauxhall will be proving you have driven the vehicle in the way it was intended, that is really a needle in a hay stack scenario.You need to be realistic, you had a warranty and it expired then something goes wrong, now you want someone else to foot the bill, is that reasonable well in your eyes maybe but in the real world it's a little far fetched. If Vauxhall footed the bill for everything that went wrong after warranties expired they would of gone out of business a long time ago.I think you need to look at the cheapest way to get your car repaired and take the hit the same as millions of other motorists have to do. Sorry to sound so harsh but lets live in the real world.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts